Site broken for anyone else?

sean!
broken
hearts
classicdis

spectacular

Yeah having all these problems with Firefox on windows 10. Kudos to eviltrout if he's cracked it though

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I seem to still be getting quite a few of those issues. Not sure how often it's happening to other people though? Could be that I'm in a small minority here.

:-/

Thank you for investigating this. I believe @edsymington is attempting to re-implement these ads today. Hopefully he will be in touch if there are any queries.

Is there a best practice guide anywhere for implementing CSS changes/advertising?

With CSS only it is fairly hard to break your site. With Javascript though you have to be quite careful, because Discourse is such a heavy Javascript application that if you break what it's doing it can be disastrous!

For advertising, we do include the discourse-adplugin in your hosting plan, so I highly recommend you use that!

Just a general suggestion that everyone with these issues clear all their cookie data and close down all browsers before trying to access the site again. Caching of JS etc could be the problem now, I think.

Still happening for me, albeit less. Cleared cache/history and reset browser as well. :confused:

Hmm, I haven't used the site much on my Mac. I'll give a go later. Do you have the latest version of the OS (because this is what I have)?

yep, fully updated os, fully updated chrome.

You don’t still have @j0hn’s blue-dot fixing plug-in install for our domain by any chance do you?

I did, but I also removed that to make sure it wasn't interfering as well :confused:

Same for me, also Mac / Chrome hybrid

Guys, just get a PC. Problem solved.

Guys, just use Safari. Problem sorted.

@edsymington has now turned off all of the CSS and Javascript edits that added the advert tags. It all ok now if you flush your browser cache?

@Sean I can see actually there is some kind of error on the site:

https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/1342714

This page is trying to load scripts from unauthenticated sources

Ok. Even thought the customisations from w00t and I think one that @j0hn added for hiding images were not enabled, they may still have been working so I have exported and deleted them.

So far ok for me, will keep you posted.

Please see an update about this in this thread New DiS ad is fucking up mobile view