Six Nations

Great opening game

3 Likes

Queue losing to last minute pen…

UNREAL :laughing:

1 Like

Just give us the trophy now

“BT MURRAYFIELD” ffs don’t ruin this mate

On the old site I had an autofill which was on the lines of "oh Scotland, forever snatching defeat from the jaws of victory ". Fair play, that was a cracking result.

3 Likes

Always like seeing France Play well. And this is such an improvement over the past year or so

My massive posho boarding school housemate is adamant that the French get lucky bounces all the time and are also treated favourably by the refs due to their ‘legendary’ teams of the 80s and 90s. As someone who knows little about rugby, can any privately schooled users confirm?

I was privately schooled and I can confirm I haven’t a fucking scoob

I’m talking about privately schooled in England, not Scotland.

Think your mate is annoyed about the way England’s (effectively second string) team played

2 Likes

they are talking bollards
although they had great teams in those days to suggest the ref favours them because of that is nuts
now the all blacks on the other hand…

Fully convinced myself Wales can fluke this if we beat England, who’re pretty reliable to shit themselves in Cardiff and happened to peak during an absolute nothing year :joy:

You’re right I was never worried that we wouldn’t win even when they scored. Wasn’t the best match as I was trying to get someone into rugby. More nervous than I was about Wales but hopefully we can pick it up a bit.

Think it will be Wood and Haskell with Itoje moving to second row against Wales. With Nowell probably back on the wing instead of Daly.

good work doing that, but this is a different England team now
not been outplayed by wales for some time - sure wales scored more in the world cup, but England had the better performance & have a steely mental edge that was lacking then

Remember THAT CALL at Twickenham in the world cup? Completely indicative of English attitudes against the Welsh, yr getting mullered.

1 Like

we’ll see.
different captain, different coach, much more confidence in themselves, in the plays, in the structure

howley is coaching you guys, you’re picking biggar at fly half who plays too deep, leaving the exciting form players out (tipuric & liam Williams aside)

As a welsh person, I can’t see anything other than an England win here. The Eddie Jones factor will play a large part in ensuring the english players don’t totally bottle it like they have on previous occasions.

Ditto. Can’t see England losing to be honest. They’ve looked much the better side over the last year or so. Eddie Jones has really improved them in terms of technique and confidence.

Obviously Wales beat Italy comfortably in the end last week in terms of the score line, but the first half looked laboured and if we do that again England will be out of sight by half time.

The only slight hope I have is that I’ve noticed the England setup and the English press having a few digs over the last week, which might imply they’re less confident than they should be. No need to do that if you think you’re going to win.

I think its fine to have a pathological hatred for something in life, we all need some anchors.
Ive chosen english rugby.

Please PLEASE Wales stomp their fucking guts out today.

5 Likes