Skate Punk stuff - Bad Religion, Millencolin, Fu Manchu, Lagwagon etc

Everclear are so good, I think I love them more every year.

Some of these artworks are suitably honking.

3 Likes
1 Like

I listened to Lagwagon’s Let’s Talk About Feelings the other day. Good stuff, their last memorable one.

I was a huge fan of skate punk/pop punk in the mid-late 90s, and beyond but mostly stuck to the bands I already knew and not new stuff at that point. Handful of well-liked bands I never got into, though. Millencolin and Face to Face being two of them. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Blaze is really good and worth a listen

1 Like

Pal at work just said to me, “if your mum was in a skate punk band it would be called slagwagon”

2 Likes

I recall it being pretty good, just haven’t returned to it much. Suppose I should give it another go. I just think by early 00s the classic 90s bands were maybe still making decent albums, but not besting anything they’d done before. I thought Pennywise’s Land of the Free? in 2001 was solid, but think I only listened to the next two albums once or twice each.

Fighting the temptation just to start posting everything from the Fat Wreck Survival of the Fattest sampler.

1 Like

Definitely not part of the scene, but I remember hearing this played on a snowboarding compilation video and it fit really well.

Going back a ways for a minute

4 Likes

Those Fat Wreck comps were a big entry point for me. Also was nice that many were non-album tracks.

1 Like

I’m the same, Blaze came out just as I was checking out of those bands’ newer stuff

1 Like

This stuff was catnip for me despite an inability to skate

Slapped Full Circle on the other day for a run in the sun and had a great time.

4 Likes

Huge

4 Likes

Standard

1 Like