Skincare tips

Hey up.

So, as someone who’s always been told how good their skin is, it seems lockdown is finally taking it out of me. Too much boozing, scant sleep, and bad routines mean my face is like a crater right now. Loads of blotches, spots that just won’t go away.

Anyone got any tips (other than get more sleep and stop boozing as in fairness I’ve always boozed)

This is really useful, thank you!!! Yes, I think part of it is I need to become more at one with a proper routine. Also, I’m cycling outdoors in the mud a lot and probably touching my face so that’s probably a new thing that is impacting why I’m getting so many!

Oil is a weird one isn’t it…you think oh no, I’ve got oily skin so shouldn’t use anything oil based, but it actually helps?

1 Like

What does this mean? Genuine question.

Revolution skincare plumping and hydrating serum with 2% hyaluronic acid is great - no fragrance or other irritants. It’s great layered under a moisturiser or spf and stops my skin feeling tight. It’s often on offer at Superdrug or Boots.

1 Like

Fairly standard wash and moisturise AM and PM and exfoliate twice a week. I use the Anthony glycolic facial cleanser and LaRoche-Posay SPF 25 moisturiser. Main tip I’ve learned is to use as little moisturiser as possible (as a man I always assumed you had to apply it as if you were buttering a sandwich).

I like the products I use but different strokes for different faces. The Anthony face wash is great for oily skin though.

1 Like

Thanks, I’d vaguely assumed that because the other options (fragile? transparent?) seemed less likely.

1 Like

Drink lots of water
Clean face after exercise
No face wipes
Ren overnight recovery balm

1 Like

Ah yes this is another thing that has fallen off a cliff recently. I had been drinking at least a litre of water a day but I got out of the habit. Good one to restart!

Salicylic acid is great. I recommend Effaclar K by La Roche Posay.

Lots of water.

High spf sunscreen whenever you leave the house.

1 Like

What works for me is to do as little as possible to it.

No face wash, no moisturiser, no make up. Bit boring but it’s the only thing that stops me breaking out in spots.

I also take evening primrose and starflower oil supplement which seems to help a little

But also everyone’s skin is different so what works for some won’t work for others

1 Like

For rest of body I swear by Aveeno blue - can’t get enough of the stuff