👿🐛🐚⬆ Slay the Spire rolling thread ⬆🐚🐛👿

I hope for my sake there’s no kind of cross save feature.

Only took me 29 hours get one victory :man_facepalming:

3 Likes

That’s okay. You’re just pacing yourself for the remaining 290 hours you’ll still be playing this game for :grinning:

4 Likes

Changed tactics with the Ironclad to focus on boosting my strength and using stuff that gives weak and frail to enemies… And then smashed through everything. Might give it a couple more goes and then move onto the next character. Too easy to lose hours to this game.

2 Likes

Onto act three with the poison lady, yay. Furthest I’ve got so far. Thank fuck for the card that reduces their attacks to nothing (which I payed attention to very late in the game for some reason). So good when it’s starting to seem desperate and there’s the perfect alignment of cards. Thought I didn’t have a chance when poison had no effect.

1 Like

Aaaaaand died on the boss. Used everything before they regenerated (didn’t have a clue that would happen)! Fastest turn around from being elated to crushed I’ve had.

4 Likes

Fucking git gud, scrubs

1 Like

I think this is the most absurd Watcher run I’ve ever had.

Build up Dark stacks, play whatever good power cards come through, blow everything up, heal for 24. Went into the final boss fight with full health without even resting at the last bonfire ffs.

If I’d got the draw a card when you play a power card, I might have gone infinite a few times.

Halfway through a great searing blow + necronomicon run, picked up velvet choker and somehow it added it twice. For each card played it then fires twice, limiting me to 3 cards rather than 6. That’s bollocksed that up good and proper!

That fucking time bellend boss when you’ve just made a sick shiv deck is the worst thing about this game. So annoying

Just beat the time lord bellend on A4 Watcher. Used Alpha and a ton of blocking cards. First win with any character in ages. Started to feel the act 3 bosses are kind of unfair/OP. I regularly get to the final boss without much drama but then get slaughtered.

After 150 hours I still feel there’s loads I don’t know about this game. That’s the hook I guess.

1 Like

Yeah, I’ve played a similar amount of time and at 7 with Ironclad, 6 with silent, 3 with watcher and the other one.

Just trying to beat the 4th floor atm and is so hard. Think they donut dudes are the 3rd floor boss. I like the bosses being difficult as it gives you a sense of achievement when you do it. Just not sure I’m ever gonna do a shiv build again though

These numbers have cheered me up a bit - I’m around the same (after 140 hours I think I’m on 5 with Ironclad, 5 with silent,6 with Watcher and I’m yet to play the other one for some reason) and I was feeling like I was doing terribly.

I’ve done 113 hours - 1 victory with each character and then purely been playing ironclad. Just beat ascension 10 this morning. I beat the heart once too :slight_smile:

Think I’m going to try a different character now.

3 Likes

I haven’t tried the heart yet. I just had 2 consecutive ascension victories for the first time in [redacted] so clearly I’ve mastered it now and should give it a go.

1 Like

Good luck! Barricade, Entrench and Body Slam did it for me :shield:

I had a great Whirlwhind deck that had swept through Act 3 killing most enemies on the first turn, but couldn’t deal with the heart unfortunately.

1 Like

You fucking bastards.

I’m terrible at and addicted to this.

7 Likes

git gud

2 Likes

Good news re your addiction because playing it more is the way to improve

3 Likes