👿🐛🐚⬆ Slay the Spire rolling thread ⬆🐚🐛👿

I can confirm that a shiv build with the cards / relics @Scagden mentions is indeed very enjoyable :slight_smile:

3 Likes
  • Shiv deck
  • Claw deck

0 voters

Never gotten a claw deck to work. Never. In general I think the Defect 0 cost archetype is the weakest in the game.

Yeah it’s not the easiest to set up. I think card draw is the main limiting factor in getting it working.

Just died on Floor 1 to a Cultist after transforming 2 strikes at Neow and getting Blur and Piercing Wail in return then drawing badly.

Whoops.

I love Piercing Wail! Blur not so much!

1 Like

Blur is like Calipers or Barricade. Only good if you can make excessive block and generally more useful in Act 2 and beyond. It’s mostly fucking useless on floor 1.

Like everything in StS, with the right deck it’s amazing.

2 Likes

Don’t think we’ve had a poll on this so far, or if we have we need an update. Who’s your fave?

• Ironclad
  • Silent
  • Defect
  • Watcher

0 voters

I don’t generally die on floor one anymore with the exception of the red angry bastard wielding a spinal column. The problem with him, especially in ascension levels, is he gains strength ever time you block such means blocking now just creates more problems. He’s ruining me now he’s got more health and by the time I’m doing serious damage he’s already pretty much got me. Arrgghh.

1 Like

gave up on this once I completed it and never been back since, a mistake I think judging from this thread

What does completing it mean in this context? My aim is just to get a win with each character, but obvs that’s barely scratching the service (even if it’s taken like 10 hours plus to do it with one).

And your least fave?

• Ironclad
  • Defect
  • Silent
  • Watcher

0 voters

Will never understand the Watcher hate. Such a fun character

Initially, do you have to focus on one state, or can get a good balance right off? I’ve played them a bit but never get far enough to have cards that make good use of a calm state.

To begin with the goal is to use calm to launch yourself into wrath, and hopefully sweep the board before the enemy can respond. Almost always what I do with the first campfire is to upgrade Eruption to a 1 energy card, that gives you much greater leeway to use it to its fullest effect.

Getting cards that allow you to exit stances is really important. Empty Body in particular is great to avoid getting squished when you’re in wrath, and used with calm will allow you to build more block. In general stance-swapping is the easiest strategy to pursue with her - there are loads of cards that support it. For example a common card I always pick up if I’m using that strat is Rushdown: it costs nothing upgraded and gives you vital card draw when you go into wrath.

Just like the others though there’s loads of ways of playing her. A good divinity deck for instance is difficult to build, but once you get there is better than sex.

2 Likes

I think they’re my least favourite because I feel I have to do even more thinking when I’m playing with them. Have enough decisions to make with the others without stance hopping to worry about.

Saying that, with the right deck it’s satisfying, and you can smash through encounters and even elites early doors if your draws are kind.

Girlfriend bought one of those “zero gravity” relaxer chairs at the weekend. It is now the Slay the Spire chair.

7 Likes

Two more runs with the Silent, one where I had a decent block set up going alongside poison, still ended up getting whacked in the third act both times.

Probably just missing the last little piece of the victorious puzzle. I feel like you know when it’s gonna happen. Things are just stacked up right. I’m trying Ascension and my last few runs just haven’t had that feeling of confidence in them.

1 Like

Just came to check this Thread after getting back into this game big-style recently and was stunned to find out there’s an Act 4! I had no idea what those keys were for.

Any tips for later Ascension levels with the Ironclad? I’m currently at level 12 but it’s getting sooooo hard.

Brilliant game. Absolutely addictive.

1 Like