👿🐛🐚⬆ Slay the Spire rolling thread ⬆🐚🐛👿

There’s a few, most notably getting the golden idol from Act 1 nets you a much better reward from the sacrificial statue in Act 2.

2 Likes

Not quite like this but there’s an event which allows you to trade a relic for a new relic. N'loth | Slay the Spire Wiki | Fandom

You can trade relics that have a one time effect here and not suffer any consequences. Things like max hp relics, old coin, onomori etc. You can trade these and not lose any of their original effects.

1 Like

Anyone playing this on Android? Could be nice to have some friends on the leaderboard

https://games.app.goo.gl/7KT3FJe3ULTkTGkTA

I think that is the way to add me? Not sure how it works on Android. I also have a slight feeling the leaderboards on Android might be a bit bored but not totally sure

1 Like

It worked!

1 Like

I think the leaderboards are a bit buggy though… can’t see my own score on the daily challenge

1 Like

Always skipped Snekko Eye, picked it up last night and got through Ironclad A13 easy peasy. I now understand.

2 Likes

Just played this for the first time this afternoon. No idea what most things do but I got to the second boss (and was one turn from beating him) on my second try so I guess it’s pretty easy?!

3 Likes

Nice action!

Best way to play initially is just to try loads of things and see what works (and what’s fun)

Slew my first spire last night, which was a surprise because:
A. I thought there were four levels, not three.
B. I could see I didn’t have the stats to soak up the damage after my last turn. Hadn’t figured on my reflected damage on block. Boss went for multiple small attacks instead of one big one, died on his second last and I finished on 0 block and 1HP!

6 Likes

Nice work, without any spoilers now you have completed the tutorial other possibilities are open :wink:

This daily was loads of fun omg

1 Like

Seem to have plateaued at A19 - Ironclad, A18 - Silent, A17 - Defect, A16 - Watcher. Nice and orderly at least. On paper Watcher should be easy enough to get higher but I’m impatient and so keep going into wrath without certainty that I’ll be able to get out or finish the battle next turn. Almost had it a couple of days ago - had 6 cards in pile one of which was an Apparation. Guess which card I didn’t draw :persevere:

Maxed out Watcher and Silent a while ago.

A14 feels like the ceiling for Defect to me. Given it maybe 30 goes in the last week or so and I don’t think I got past Act 2 boss once. There just isn’t enough juice in anything he does.

A15 with Ironclad now, much more confident I can press on with him. He’s a lot better and more varied than I remember him being. Because enemies give you more status cards the harder they get, Fire Breathing and Evolve are actually broken as fuck.

Dark orbs helped me push past the higher ascensions. Previously Id only been using them in a limited capacity (or using them less effectively in builds where I had a large number of orb slots) and I hadn’t realised that when they evoke they always hit the enemy with the least amount of HP.

1 Like

One of my faves involves stacking a few upgraded Static Discharges and then going block heavy leaving a couple each turn. You need a fair bit of focus and orb extension for it to work well though, which means if you get the Awakened thingamajig you’re fucked.

I didn’t know this. Handy.

1 Like

Recursion is good for dark orbs too. If you Recursion one it doesn’t reset to the base amount. Instead it moves to the back, keeping whatever damage it had ticked up to when you evoked it. If you can get the timing down it can reach big bosh.

1 Like

Started playing this again for the first time in 18 months

What a fun game

Only on A3 but just got a win with snecko eye + bullet time (card that reduces the value of the cards in your hand to 0), felt good

3 Likes

Ah. Cool.

1 Like