Sleater Kinney 2024 - New album 'Little Rope' out now!

I mean the straight answer is industry-wide sexism, I guess.

1 Like

Yep, Iā€™m having a Sleater Kinney day.

I remember years and years ago having a blue Matador CD sampler thing that had loads of tracks from bands I ended up loving on it (including Modest Mouse who I heard for the first time represented by ā€˜Heart Cooks Brainā€™)

The SK track on there was ā€˜Banned from the end of the worldā€™ and I didnā€™t like it at all so I let them pass me by for years and years and only really got into the retrospectively once they were on hiatus. I still maintian that thatā€™s pretty much their only bad song and I feel extra bitter about it because if theyā€™d been represented by almost anything else they could have been a band Iā€™d have loved years earlier.

Iā€™ve never listened to a Sleater Kinney album even though I know I would probably enjoy it. Should probably remedy that tbh tbfā€¦

Today is the day to remedy thisā€¦

11 Likes

Great band. Very bad ideaā€¦

Quite possibly my favorite.

1 Like

i own this one and have listened to Dig Me Out a couple of times. need to listen to some of the others. been meaning to check out The Woods for ages so might remedy that this week.

Hot rock. Is amazing. Go for that next. Completely changed their dynamic. Duelling vocals on every track. Very treble heavy. Quite unique

6 Likes

Just checked in to say that Sleater Kinney are real swell. Real swell.

1 Like

If you like it Iā€™d just go backwards through their catalogue from there Iā€™d say.

A wise investment!

1 Like

So you suggest I listen to their entire discography?

6 Likes

The Woods is my favourite. Heavy punch in the stomach from the off. The middle of Rollercoaster sounds like The Ronettes in a wind tunnel. Letā€™s Call it Love into Night Light is simply immense. Janet Weiss is the best drummer in rock music. Amazing record.

3 Likes

A billionty times this^

1 Like

Do it!

Yeah, theyā€™re alright ainā€™t they

Tracks like Fade from No Cities is one of my absolute favourites. The recorded version just wants me to see them live, as I would imagine it is immense.

Can anyone confirm?

I agree, always superb and surprising. I was lucky enough to chat to her after a Quasi gig in Birmingham about five years ago and told her as much!

4 Likes

Was amazing hearing it live when they played in London last time

2 Likes