Sleater Kinney 2024 - New album 'Little Rope' out now!

I dunno man, Neutral Milk Hotel in 2014 was pretty greaaaaat

Oh read that wrong. Not sure if that was a booking first.

Best album by miles for me.

alright but whatā€™s the best by Sleater-Kinney?

They def got NMH ahead of EotR (where they/he havenā€™t played), fair enough.

Not exactly an off piste booking though that one.

Anyway, forget that, glad we are all agree they are playing one of the two!

1 Like

Yes!
Ridiculously excited for this.

Best band

With two of my all time favourite acts collaborating iā€™m tempted to get very excited, however, I also recall the first Unkle album and that soon cools my fever.

1 Like

Start Together is an amazing song but I just find it doesnā€™t stand up as well as the others for me, aside from s/t.

Since weā€™re all ranking the albums my barely-anything-in-it list I would say:

No Cities to Love
The Woods
One Beat
Dig Me Out
All Hands on the Bad One
Call the Doctor
The Hot Rock
Sleater-Kinney

Although in terms of absolute favourite songs then itā€™s hard to beat The Woods as it has both Jumpers and Entertain which canā€™t really be beaten for emotion and energy.

Iā€™ve always enjoyed St Vincent when she comes on between other stuff on 6Music but I couldnā€™t get through her album, really ā€˜not for meā€™ in that format, so hopefully her production wonā€™t massively affect S-K. With the except of The Woods they have generally sounded pretty similar from album to album but maybe they used the same producer on most of the others (I havenā€™t ever looked into it).

EDIT - checked and it seems John Goodmanson produced all their albums with the exception of The Woods, The Hot Rock and Sleater-Kinney so that explains that then.

1 Like

Hot rock
Call the doctor
All hands
Dig me out
The woods
One beat
No cities
SK

2 Likes

Yeah itā€™s this order isnā€™t it.

i think it says a lot that everyones album orders are quite different. what a fucking brilliant band

14 Likes

No other band has ever been so consistently great. Iā€™d go as far to say that nobody has ever been as good at anything as Sleater-Kinney are at being a band, Iā€™m so here for this. Bring on them fuckin live shows and all.

5 Likes

Imagine if a long-standing indie band many albums into their career worked with a new producer to come up with one of the albums of the year!

Nah, that would never happen would it.

2 Likes

you calling this 2019ā€™s double negative? i would.love s-k to do a noise record tbf

1 Like

Iā€™d like to hear them make a funk record

I booked to get a Sleater Kinney tattoo when Iā€™m in Berlin in May. Just looked up the studio and itā€™s about 10 mins walk from where I saw them nearly 4 years ago.

4 Likes

I booked years ago to get one done but money troubles happened and it fell through :sob: still dream about getting it done

The Hot Rock
Call the Doctor
All Hands on the Bad One
Dig Me Out
The Woods
No Cities to Love
Sleater-Kinney

This ranking will probs change again next week

1 Like

Iā€™ve got 3 albums and love them all. I need to check out the rest. Genuinely donā€™t know why they were under my radar for so long.