Sleeper

Modern Sleeperblokes:

CHVRCHES
Wolf Alice

…there must be more.

Echobelly (who are also about to come back with a new album)

Yep. Saw that. I am on the PledgeMusic mailing list and saw it the other day. Was kind of half tempted to get some cool hand written lyrics or something.

Yes, I have funded it as well. I think i get a signed vinyl copy but it was so long ago I have forgotten!

first gig went to was sleeper

i used to fancy her A LOT

i won’t be going to this, i can’t begin to imagine how depressing it would be

It might be really good.

My friends on FB are talking about this. There is almost a split among the sexes about those who like them and not. Seems that doe eyed female singers engender a particular loyalty among the men.

Ah, I’ve only just seen it’s a whole load of them on this thing.

Bluetones I loved at the time, but I think I wouldn’t be keen now.
Dodgy :frowning:
Space. Dear god no.
Salad undressed, probably means just her. :confused:
My Life Story. I probably have something by them, but god knows what.

My Life Story are excellent fun live. bamos and I think @nice.squirrel and I and others all went to see a reunion show they did, erm, I guess 10 years ago now at the LA2.

Is this Star-Shaped tour some kind of indie version of the Rewind festival?

My Life Story were a sort of own brand Divine Comedy but they weren’t too bad back in the day. 7 Reasons Why and 12 Reasons Why were fun…and I liked the one reason per inch rule.

Still like Bluetonic and Are You Blue or Are You Blind? by them Bluetones.

Salad were actually really good. They had some great singles just before Britpop hit the evening news.

Dodgy and Space - no thanks.

I think you’re getting confused. It was Divine Comedy that were a Matalan My Life Story.

Also MLS had It’s a Girl Thing which is still a total banger.

Let’s not get carried away here, My Life Story were always terrible.

1 Like

#GET OUT!

I’ve seen Space about three times since they “reformed” (though they never really went away).

They’re great live, you know. Not that this will make anyone consider a reassessment, and not that this will revive my nosediving credibility, but they’ve sort of reinvented themselves as a rockabilly ska-punk band.

Definitely going to Starshaped, it’s going to be so much fun.

I think I have to go to be honest.

1 Like

:eyes:

10 Likes

Heh heh. True loyalty for sure but I think consensus would be with me.

I really want to go to one of these but don’t think I can do any of those Saturdays. Could maybe make Manchester for 6 or 7 but not sure it’ll be worth it by then. What if I miss Sleeper or My Life Story!!??!!

Doesn’t make it the right thing :wink:

They were the only Britpop band apart from Pulp I didn’t mind.