Sleeping times (poll thread)

sleep

What time do you go to bed / get up?
How much sleep do you get?
How many times do you tend to wake up during the night?

What time do you go to bed in the week?

• 9pm-10pm
  • 10pm-11pm
  • 11pm-12am
  • 12am-1am
  • after

0 voters

What time do you go to bed at weekends?

• 9pm-10pm
  • 10pm-11pm
  • 11pm-12am
  • 12am-1am
  • 1am-2am
  • after

0 voters

I am fucking struggling big time with sleep at the minute, got some over-the-counter sleeping pill things from Boots the other day and they’ve proved very ineffective so far. Combination of smaller bed and new routine in the new flat has completely killed me.

Try and get to bed for 2230 or so and my alarm goes off at 0750 but I can’t remember the last time I was asleep before midnight and not awake at about 0530 with multiple disturbances during the night.

Need to get some earplugs from Superdrug this afternoon actually, this thread has reminded me.

How many hours sleep do you get in the week?

• <4hrs
  • 4-5hrs
  • 5-6hrs
  • 6-7hrs
  • 7-8hrs
  • 8-9hrs
  • 9hrs

0 voters

How many hours sleep do you get at weekends?

• <4hrs
  • 4-5hrs
  • 5-6hrs
  • 6-7hrs
  • 7-8hrs
  • 8-9hrs
  • 9hrs

0 voters

Pretty much have the same bedtime all week. Saturday mornings have a slight lie in but otherwise up before 7 every day :sleeping:

Not having proper sleep is really horrible, mine has improved a bit recently since doing more exercise (I basically try to knacker myself). The downside is that I’ve become reliant on it. I never want to go back to lying awake for hours with the pressure of knowing that you have to get up soon.

How many times do you tend to wake up during the night?

• more than 3

0 voters

zero

Went to bed at 2ish yesterday, up at half 7. Varies day to day really, am I due a shower in the morning, am I drunk/gotten lucky the night before, where am I going, who am I, how do I get off the bus, etc

Always aim to go to bed at midnight, but always ends up being closer to 1am. Have recently taken the youngest out of his cot and into a bed so as a result he is no longer contained and tends to wander in to see us around 6:45. Probably need to try and get more sleep tbh tbf. Booked a meeting room at work last week and just went for a kip for 30 minutes :+1:

weekend depends dunnit. sometimes not at all… which results in being in bed by 6pm the next day :confused:

No two nights are the same at the moment (teething toddler.)

Woke up on Thursday morning at about 1.30am to the sensation of a hot sweet smelling person being glued to me, and I realised that my little one had managed to houdini out of his room, shuffle down the hall in this sleeping bag, get into our room, mount our (pretty high) bed, get one of my boobs out and help himself to a midnight snack. No idea how long he had been feeding for (I had been in a deep sleep after having had a wine with dinner.) Unfortunately the shrimp didn’t want to go back into his own bed after that, and although I eventually got him down at 3, that was me up for the day. Pure shite. Thankfully I’ve never needed much sleep, but I never realised how hard it would be not being master of your own sleep.

So to answer the question, I go to bed between 10.30 and 12, rise between 5 and 7 depending on child alarm, and can be up one or two times in between that to breastfeed/ soothe nightmares.

Exercise is key isn’t it, I notice a real reduction in the quality of my sleep when I don’t exercise.

These are good: https://www.amazon.com/Kirkland-Signature-Nighttime-Sleep-25mg/dp/B000UIEIBY

Ideal room temperature for sleeping:

• Warm to hot
  • Cool to cold

0 voters

need to have a word with my self with regards to sleep tbh. ‘function’ on about 4-5 hours sleep during the week and a bit more during the weekend.

also that Sleepy bodycream from lush is incredibly good. it smells so malty.

Nice one, cheers