slightly hesitate to do a 'rate your year', but here we are

Dreaming of that sweet lockdown one sun.

5 Likes

burn him! burn the happy one!

3 Likes

Quite a bit worse than 2020 tbh. Nothing happened apart from sliding into deeper depression, had a load of health shit, didn’t see anyone for about a year, had loads of money woes.

I gave it a 3 and all those points are due to getting Bones tbh. He’s been a lifesaver.

1 Like

Actually make mine a 1, purely for the Euros threads.

1 Like

Fuck man. I mean…fuck.

Just…fuck.

/10

4 Likes

just re-remembered i was meant to be in the pit for Bloody Knees tonight. Fuck this year absolutely.

God bless, Eric x

Might bump mine up a point for the Euros actually. Completely forgot about them.

1 Like

feels like it was 20 years ago

4 Likes

First 3-4 months of the year when everything was pretty much in lockdown was a 1. Really struggled with it, tbh.

Probably a 7 or 8 once it was possible to do nice things again, it was just such a relief. However the score is dropping now as it looks like things are going to get worse again.

So, maybe 5 overall?

The pandemic sucks m, but I haven’t had any family or friends die, my job is pretty safe for the time being and I got Covid but it only hit me as a cold so the possible really big negatives haven’t touched me.

On the plus side, got a brilliant dog, fixed up our garden, saw Idlewild again.

Gonna go a 7 with an in the circumstances asterisk

2 Likes

Feels like I can’t complain, because nothing really bad has happened

But - nothing at all has happened

Just feels like time is speeding away and even if I wanted to, there’s nothing I can do about it

Highlights:
Managed to get my parents over to visit
Got my golf handicap sorted
Made some lovely pizzas

Lowlights:
Haven’t seen the rest of my family since 2018
Work is unbearable
Nearly got a dog but didn’t

5/10

2 Likes

genuinely there’ve been discussions this year about going to the driving range to see if we’re not shit at it. i’m bangin at mini golf so i’m 99% sure i’m also due a green blazer

what kinda dog

1 Like

Highlights:
Got engaged.
Bought a house.
Got a new job that I actually enjoy.

Lowlights:
Basically have no real-life friends anymore.
Barely saw my family, but still managed to fall out with them remotely.
Spent many months working for an awful cult of a company that almost broke me and sent me into a depression for a few months losing all sense of self-worth, value and perspective.

7/10

8 Likes

Love life is going exceptionally well, I’ve been polyamorous for many years but only recently had several people in my life that mean a great deal to me, and being able to spend my life with people in that capacity is extremely good.

2021 has also been the year where I’ve opened up to other things. Been able to go clubbing with people in London pretty regularly, something I’ve always wanted to do but rarely had the opportunity before this year. Done some other cool stuff I won’t go into.

Definitely things I can improve on in my life in terms of the way I live it, but it’s fairly minor in the scheme of things. Only thing bringing it down is the fact the last two or three months have basically consisted of a series of illnesses for me/my partners and I got a bit of a low mood in that time. And also all the pandemic/politics stuff but luckily my personal life has stayed mostly immune from all of that.

8/10

1 Like

January to March and what felt like that endless winter lockdown might be the worst few months of my life, but by virtue of May to I guess last week or so having relative normality attached to it anything I vaguely enjoyed became about twice as fun overall because it had been so long without them.

Gonna go generous 8 for that I reckon, in comparison to the 3 or so of 2020.

1 Like

this. i actually achieved/finished shit i would never normally see through purely because it was the only game in town

Managed to move house and leave London which was incredibly stressful but ultimately good. Given all the other shit going on I went for a six, so it’s on the positive side, but there’s still a lot of shit.

2 Likes

Finally

Think albums and films might have been better last year