Slippers recommendations

These were actually a free replacement for some of the older style that broke but then they were still wearable so I went through them first. So it’s probably been a couple of years since I got them… Think offers come up intermittently and I paid maybe £50ish.

1 Like

I have these! But a less puffy version I guess? They are SO WARM AND COSY and have a proper sole so you can take the bin out and that without having to get proper shoes on.

(excuse the tea splodges, I’m too lazy to keep them clean)

They look very silly but as a WFHer for 6 years now who gets cold easily they are the only thing that keep my feet warm

Edit: oh god they are so dirty, sorry DiS

1 Like

I have a pair too. Also covered in tea stains. They occassionally get a blast in the washing machine. They were Xmas present years ago from my sister - semi jokey as I love North Face stuff. Have only started wearing them since lockdown and they’re great.

1 Like

Woah! Homeys are pretty expensive :frowning: they don’t sell them over here so I’d have to pay about 20 in postage too. I had a pair that fell apart last year after almost a decade of use. I’ll have to wait until my mum visits.

mine are from uniqlo

they’re ok I guess

I’ve got a pair of slippers that look a lot like those. They’ve got that weird flappy heel. They were a present from Mrs F and I don’t wear them often because I don’t really like them much and now I’m worried they were really expensive.

It says Mahabis on the insole and has an M logo on the sole itself.

Ingrate!

Gonna look at them now.

Oh dear :frowning:

1 Like

I really feel massively guilty now. They’re essentially my garden slippers, but honestly I hardly ever bother to put them on even for that.

You know that flappy bit is so you can wear them as a mule or fully on?

I tread the backs down on my slippers a lot, and I’m averse to any slippers that require any hand action or complicated foot manoeuvring. Think I didn’t find them warm enough either.

Ngl, think these might be a game changer for winter (and lumberjacking)…

2 Likes

Update on ^these bad boys, just pimped them out with some lambs wool inner soles…

They are now easily the most cosy footwear I have ever worn. Long live winter :snowflake::snowflake::snowflake:

My feet were getting cold so I picked up some mahabis in the end, loving them.

1 Like

Mine are starting to go…

1 Like

One to watch then. I’ll treat them a little bit kinder than I have.

You will be relieved to know that following that earlier discussion I promoted mine from garden slippers to usual slippers and am satisfied with their performance. And I think it’s perked Mrs F up to see me wearing them again too.

2 Likes

Alright slipper nerds. Geisswein have got 25% off today with UK25

Still not as good as the legendary Simba wool slippers that were discontinued (don’t last as long if you have irregular shaped feet that rub the wool constantly or have the same nice inner sole) but found them to be as good in terms of constantly keeping your feet the perfect temp no matter the weather/time of year, and ofc, natural wool so they don’t go gross or smell.

I have these