Slowcooker! The cooker that slowly cooks!

I only just got one of these and want some nice delicious meals (ideally veggie) to cook. So far I’ve done an absolutely filthy (in a good way) buffalo mac & cheese, and a sweet potato and peanut butter stew which was also brilliant.

The less prep the better really as I AM very lazy

What bounce u cookin slowly hun?

Rice pudding.

It. Is. Amazing.

Got a ridiculously massive one as a hand-me-down, it’s the size of an oil barrel.

Never use it.

If I were to use it, I’d do ribs or ham or curry

Pork shoulder. Marinade in orange juice overnight, put jerk seasoning on, slow cook on low for about 8 hours.

The vegetarian version is just slow cooked orange juice.

3 Likes

sign me up

1 Like

I asked Wor Lass for one of these for my birthday but she said I was being too boring and got me a coffee grinder instead.

This is probably my favourite slow cooker thing:

1 Like

I baked some beans yesterday.

• 250g Dried Haricot Beans (soaked overnight)
  • 100g Dried Kidney Beans (soaked overnight)
  • 2* Tinned tomatoes
  • Dark Brown Sugar
  • Thyme
  • Liquid Smoke
  • Maple Syrup
  • Chipotle
  • Salt
  • Onion (chopped)
  • Garlic salt
  • Smoked Bacon Lardons
  • Chopped Chorizo

Not all of these ingredients are essential.

Put it in the pot add a couple of tins woth of water and turn the pot on. Check it’s not drying out from time to time.

EDIT: I have some for my lunch
EDIT : This would be fine without the meat.
EDIT : I like pulses.

3 Likes

how long did these baked beans take?

Not sure. I left them all day. 8ish - 5.30ish

You’ve made warno look like an amateur.

1 Like

i’ve been making soups
assumed you could make a soup of basically anything and it’d be good but i made a brussels sprouts one and it was merely weird

2 Likes

Sometimes I’ll do this in the oven (or fast cooker as I’m now calling it) to a similar recipe and it’s awesome. Think we’ve got a slow cooker somewhere, might get it down for some winter pulse stewing action.

1 Like

this post has nothing to do with slow cookers though

2 Likes

Why would you bother though when you can have an excellent baked potato with crispy skin, from the oven in an hour and 15?

I feel your pain, I made a soup out of a bunch of greens I had lying about (incl brussos) and it was pretty much hideous, and I pride myself on my souping skills. Think I might still have some in the freezer, I refer to it as my grey soup.

1 Like

Need to hand over my ‘slow beanz’ badge and apron

1 Like

Just like that? Not gonna fight back?

OK fair enough. You got me on this one ttf!

1 Like

Shit that sounds OUTSTANDING

Honestly vegetarian chill is the fucking best in a slow cooker.

Loadsa beans - kidney, pinto, black, chickpeas etc. Loads of veg - sweet potato, red onion, spinach, corn. Add some chillies, garlic, other spices, few tins of tomatoes and veg stock to cover everything. Tea for a week and really cheap.

2 Likes