small experiences lost to the past

you know back in the day when you were doing a shit, you’d only have the back of shampoo bottles for company? and they were quite interesting to read, in a way. Probably read my last shampoo bottle in the mid 00s. Phones all the way since then. Quite sad really isn’t it

What else has been lost to the sands of time?

16 Likes

Being excited about the Sunday night film on Channel 4

10 Likes

I don’t read on the toilet. Never understood it. I just do what I’m there to do and then leave.

8 Likes

do you just sit and stare blankly into space?

I go there to read, anything else is a bonus

33 Likes

Have kinda rediscovered reading the back of shampoo bottles via kids bathtime and being asked what it says.

5 Likes

Having autograph books

3 Likes

It’s fucking vile when you use someone’s toilet and they have a pile of reading material in there.

3 Likes

I had a Disney one, had all the stars. The Seven Dwarves, Cptn Hook, Goofy the Cow, MInnie, Mckey, the whole gang

4 Likes

Even pre-covid, it feels like starting a relationship with someone you haven’t met on an app is extremely rare.

I guess? I don’t have any desire to read anything while I’m actually weeing or pooing, my attention is elsewhere.

I simply must be entertained at all times. Brushing my teeth, doing a poo, pottering around the house, whatever. I’m always reading my phone or listening to music or podcasts. Can’t imagine just sitting there. I’m impressed

18 Likes

I think I did too actually

Buying a CD, putting it into the player and seeing that it’s 45 minutes and 13 seconds long (or similar).

You’d punch the air slightly as that’ll fit perfectly into one side of a C90.

19 Likes

I am the same, constantly checking my phone, but this doesn’t apply when I’m on the toilet

Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion

12 Likes

Same. Partly as I always worry I’ll end up dropping my phone in the loo somehow.

1 Like

Flipping the little ‘write protect’ tab on the corner of a 3.5” floppy disk so you wouldn’t accidentally erase your essay

25 Likes

Getting a nudge on MSN Messenger

7 Likes

Getting poked on Facebook

1 Like