Small things that disproportionately affect your day

Just stood in a puddle accidentally and now my right sock is wet. Having a wet sock is, in many ways, a very trivial thing. On the other hand, having a wet sock for an entire afternoon is one of the worst things there is.

Stuff like this in here please.

8 Likes

Sock related, weak sick elastic

2 Likes

If this is just small things that are irritating then having something stuck between my teeth but being in a meeting and not being able to do much about it.

8 Likes

Yep, that’s a perfect post for this thread on accounts of how it’s a combination of the small thing and the reason for not being able to address the thing that has disproportionately added to the level of irritation.

Finding a wiry eyebrow hair when I’m work and can’t get at it until I’m at home with tweezers.

4 Likes

Is this a Beck lyric?

7 Likes

Something stuck between my teeth

When it’s in your field of vision, but is out of focus, so you can’t ignore it - a bit like when you have a spot on your nose.

Like a little bit of toenail constantly snagging itself on my sock to the point that it splits and becomes very painful and not being able to sort it until I get home. That kind of thing?

4 Likes

This is a very particular example, but I intended to spookify a couple of threads yesterday for some Halloween japes. I forgot to, and its a minor thing, but now it is affecting my day today as I am disappointed at the missed opportunity.

Exactly that, thank you (and take note of this please @maosm)

A black fly in your Chardonnay

11 Likes

Thank you Alanis, good contribution.

1 Like

If it starts raining when I only have a fairly thick coat to hand…meaning I end up in that sweaty/rainy state (particularly my fringe). Takes all day to get over

1 Like

I wonder if she has any more.

What?

Something that I think might be funny to see would be two blokes (who don’t know each other) passing on a street and one of them going “Oy, mate, how breathable is that lightweight jacket?”

People being dicks about using our office lifts. This is because I am hypersensitive, very judgmental, use the lifts a lot and work on the top floor.

I don’t want to make a big deal of it or anything but your post “Something stuck between my teeth” earlier in the thread was a bit lacking in the context department that’s all. Scout and He_2 were both examples of good posts, that’s all. Nothing major.

Apologies Ant, will up my #contextgame in future replies

1 Like