Small things that would make work more bearable

Think it would be nice if companies let you choose your own email address when you joined. Like instead of name.name@company.com, you could have like lazyboy420@company.com. That’d be neat.

3 Likes

Always liked the idea of having fun stuff on my desk like a picture of my wife and kids and a little toy Mario or something but my desk always ended up so cluttered with paper and shit it would have been pointless and I don’t have a wife and kids or a toy Mario but you get the picture

2 Likes

oh shit and if you could have spotify or something and a playlist on instead of Radio 1

would barely be work at that point

Would be funny if someone kept a framed picture of their boss on their desk

6 Likes

Microdosing

13 Likes

I wish my work email was name.name@company.com, instead of the automated bullshit we’ve all been given.

1 Like

Because we’re “neighbourhood workers” we’re supposed to clear our desks completely each night. I do, but lots don’t, and it’s certainly a joy to see people’s family photos up, if only to see how weird your colleagues’ families look.

you have to share a desk? Why would anybody ever personalise a desk in that situation?

No more apples in the vending machine please

3 Likes

More money
Shorter hours

8 Likes

We have to share all desks.

I get around this by

a) unplugging the second monitor that everyone seems to feel is essential now
b) stubbornly retaining my thirteen-year old office chair with the stuffing coming out
c) cultivating a reputation as a scarily aggressive work colleague who bears grudges.

Nobody sits at my desk.

8 Likes

I spend my working days listening to Spotify. Also have a photo of my lad on my desk. Such a cliché. Cheers me up though.

2 Likes

I think I’d find it quite unsettling if I worked somewhere and didn’t know where I was sitting from day to day

2 Likes

Coffee that isn’t instant coffee.

2 Likes

Hotdesking? You just rock up and sit at a free desk, you don’t have an assigned one.

Pretty standard in a lot of offices cos it helps keep costs down.

I think we’re on a six-to-ten ratio of desks to staff.

living the dream

Indeed. Many people do. Cheap though.

I put my teaching qualification in a frame and hung it on the wall near my desk.

Creative hour