Smash Bros Ultimate - Drowned in Pound Tonight at 8pm (30th January)

Minecraft Steve would be a smart choice for a Microsoft character.

1 Like

Clippy though.

8 Likes

cancels pre-order

1 Like

Well done Nintendo!

don’t really get the need for the gamecube controller beyond nostalgia. It’s a bad controller

Always thought it was a grand controller but it’s not a deal breaker for me. Some smash hardcore insist on it though :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Yeah it’s only an issue for hardcore fans who don’t want to lose the edge that reflex gives them

Like profk!
For me having a wired controller to the Switch is so backwards.
Really looking forward to the game in any case.

Bloody love the Gamecube controller tbh

7 Likes
2 Likes

Ah man this is blocked in work. Is it good or bad?

Classic Mode has sidescrolling levels and boss fights.
Oh My:

2 Likes

Oh man this looks good. Already so much more exciting than Smash on the wiiu

2 Likes

Gameexplain have a video showing the first ten minutes of World Of Light story mode too but I want to go into that 100% fresh to avoid spoilers and surprises. It’ll probably be the first part of it I get stuck into.
So excited for this.

This sounds really good. I put 10 hours into Subspace Emissary and it was the best thing about Smash on Wii / Wii U. If this mode is as good as this sounds, I may dip in and buy my third Smash game, only to then denounce it as ‘not my cup of tea’ a month later.

2 Likes

@RatKingCole

Classic and World of Light sound and look fantastic.
WOL is apparently nonlinear but still has cutscenes and a storyline
Pair those with the base game and an improved online experience and this game is gonna knock it out of the park:

2 Likes

Officially gassed

1 Like

Another preview.

Looks like in Classic Mode each character has a different boss then.
Duck Hunt Duo’s boss is a big beast from Monster Hunter :rofl:

me and my atd already have a 3 day itinerary for release day, including an 8 man smash tournament (we’ve invited some of the nerds from the local vidya shop lol), which modes we’ll be playing through on the first day, contingency measures in case one of our copies doesn’t arrive etc.

fuck.

6 Likes