Smeeing Radiohead live

blimey thats grim.

Yeah, pretty much

Yeah, thatā€™s really shit, sorry about that. We just had talky self righteous french people (#notallfrenchpeople) saying theyā€™d paid to talk near us.

Out of interest, did you have an American Football t-shirt on?

Haha, um bit weird, but yes I did

We might well have seen you. Did you happen to notice a yellow mogwai (gremlins technically not the band) t-shirt?

Mm not sure, probably? I was pretty Inn deep by then, where/when?

Well it was one the journey there, although we did see the same guy on the way out too.

Basically, sophia pointed out an AF t-shirt as Iā€™d wanted it in green and sheā€™d cruelly not bought it for me. She went on to joke that the guy wearing it might be a disser and from there we decided it was with out a doubt you, but given that this is a weird enough story online, we opted not to broach it in person.

OH. yeah like changing at treptower station? I think I do recall that shirt!

Somehow missed this thread. Thought the show sounded impeccable but would agree it only really got going at Full Stop. I also love the new crazy outro to Idioteque with all the strobes and Thom jumping around like a nutter haha

Two Manchester dates announced for next year

Sake, mon back to Scotland boys

Iā€™m so up for this. Looks like theyā€™re not bothering with any of the tout preventing measures they attempted with the Roundhouse gigs, or any new ones?..

Oh well, Iā€™m prepared for both attempting to get tickets and the likely disappointment of missing out.

Missed out on standing tickets but got 2 seated ones. I immediately regret it because Ā£80 for a ticket is extortionate and evil!

i hope theyā€™re good seats.

I hope so too! My partner prefers seating rather than standing at gigs so itā€™s fine by me.

Regardless of that, the ticket buying process for these kind of gigs is fucking insane. Canā€™t believe weā€™re still doing stuff the same way as over ten years ago. Log on at 08:50, get the ticket sites up and running by 08:55, wait, and at 09:00 it crashes completely. Forced to refresh and refresh, constantly getting a hold of tickets only for them to suddenly disappear out of the basket. Meanwhile a tout bot buys them in blocks at once and theyā€™ve already been going for Ā£300+ā€¦

This is by far and away the most iā€™ve ever paid for a gig butā€¦yā€™nnow its Radiohead innit. Never seen them before so nowā€™s about time.

Iā€™m assuming Manchester Arena is going to be a dreadful venue?

Ā£72 to be up in the skies. But there we go, Iā€™ve not seen them live either, so has to be done.

Manchester arena is alright. Not amazing, but itā€™s OK

I think the fact that itā€™s Radiohead massively offsets the slight downside of it being Manchester Arena. They really are incredible live and whether itā€™s a smaller venue (seen them at SBE and Wolves Civic Hall), or in a massive arena or outdoors, they are able to deliver. I donā€™t mind standing at Manchester Arena because it doesnā€™t feel too packed and along the sides you can get a great view with some space. As long as youā€™re not seated far back youā€™ll be fine.

Best time Iā€™ve ever seen Radiohead was in the Manchester Arena, when I was sat ā€œup in the godsā€, as it were. Iā€™ve seen them six or seven times. Youā€™ll be fine wherever you sit!

1 Like

cool. yeah Iā€™ve not actually sat as far away as possible from the stage but Iā€™m sure even that will be fine.

1 Like