Smoking

Past me was about twice the size of current me and would easily dispatch his older wiser version should I attempt this :frowning:

Samesame. Have never craved smoking when sober. I do however thoroughly enjoy one or two on a night out. I like when you’re feeling a bit sluggish and pop outside in the cold and the nicotine rush wakes you up a bit. Oofft. Feel bad stealing so many rollies tho :confused: My friends have stopped offering.

1 Like

Don’t smoke when drunk

Congratulations (assuming you don’t fall off the wagon tonight).

Coming up to 3 years for me (25 on) which I still find astonishing. Vaping works fine for me; it’s nowhere near as expensive as any sort of regular smoking. Half-minded to try giving that up too just for the sake of not having to constantly think about charging opportunities.

2 Likes

Oh and just one more thing. I’d be lying if I said I felt much healthier, but then I am a right slob, and 25 years of smoking doesn’t undo itself.

In year 8 or 9 we had to do a poster about the effects of smoking. One of the lads made one that said ‘Smoking kills. But it makes you look cool!’

I swapped fags for little cigar things and used to carry a tin of them to the pub if I was going out with smokers. Smoking them was a good halfway house as you can’t smoke loads like you might do if you fall off the wagon with cigarettes and I never felt tempted by them at any other times.

These days I don’t hang out with many smokers and when I got skin cancer the other year (fine now) I binned the cigars as well.

I always thought people only started smoking cause it made them look cool, but now the growth of vaping as a thing has proved that theory completely and unquestionably wrong

5 Likes

get a vape dude. i have one and while it’s not ideal when you’re out drinking - nothing like a cig with yr drink - it’s perfect for just bopping around the flat, especially in the cold months. trust me, they’re not bad. just don’t become a vape dick.

2 Likes

You can also hack open the cartridges and fill then with other brand juice #vapenerd

1 Like

Surely almost all vapers are ex or current smokers, in which case they’re doing it in a fallible attempt to stay alive a bit longer. Balancing my cool levels with my desire not to die is a tricky choice for sure.

Was a casual smoker for about 10 years until recently, like I dunno, average week maybe about 10 but on a night out would get through a pack, and in more recent years a 20g pack of baccy would last ages.

However over the last year ive stopped. Been waking up in the morning coughing for at least an hour, even if I just had one cigarette the night before. Fuck that.

Oh wow, will try this!

1 Like

always have a ton of gum with you, be constantly chewing whenever you’re outside

Chewing gum and beer is not really a great combination though is it

well not at the same time, thats why i used to bring a ton of it. its not exactly expensive.

Have tried and failed…how?

I followed a video on YouTube. Involves hot water, a pin and some pliers.

Cancer and cardiovascular risks take ages to reverse (10+ years usually), but your health would become broadly equivalent to a non-smoker if you quit now, yeah.

Crack on until you’re 100, I reckon. :slight_smile:

How about my wrinkles? Can quitting smoking also reverse the physical ageing I’ve done to myself? Or is that permanent?

Probably a stupid question.