Snooker thread ⚪🔴⚫

i watched a lot of snooker last week

and i will probably watch a fair bit this week too

bloody love it

1 Like

think I’m going to the welsh open this week. 12 quid for an evening session ticket. A mate in work got advanced tickets and it cost him £4 for a whole day. Unbelievable value !

1 Like

Also spotted, Ken Doherty browsing the shirt sale rail in John Lewis.

Virgo has just said in the space of one frame “wheres the cue ball going” and “where’s the red ball going” the standard of commentary is a bit shite.

That’s the best bit!

2 Likes

woke up late, sad and hungover

TO THIS!

fucking hell :fearful:

Murphy dispatched a dicking for the ages yesterday then. He’s been in tremendous form all season. Wouldn’t bet against another Crucible tilt this year. For years he’s seemed content with making up the numbers but he’s pretty determined at present.

The BBC are going to be showing some classic matches over the next few weeks, FYI

The thing i like most about snooker is how you forget about it and suddenly think “aye, i could go me a bit of snooker” and there’s always a televised tournament about a week away.

3 Likes

Ronnie talking complete sense.

In fairness if you pushed him far enough Ronnie would happily suggest that they could do without the cues, balls and tables as well.

I think coming out and saying we don’t need crowds, think about the NHS, it’s really not worth it for sport is pretty cool personally!

1 Like

Well the one thing I’m certain of is that he knows jack shit about how risky it is.

He knows as much as the rest of us, he’s being cautious. Don’t see a problem with it tbh.

1 Like

In fairness it does seem a little bit odd to be getting spectators in, nice as that would be. Given much of it is played in silence I’d have thought snooker was one of the sports least likely to be affected by their absence. Admittedly I haven’t watched any of the behind closed doors tournaments over lockdown.

I’ve watched loads of it since it came back

it’s been great because, as you say it’s played in silence anyway so not really a problem to have no crowd

Ronnie is right

1 Like

oh and also a 16 year old Polish kid won today (day 1 of qualifying)

it’s on Eurosport

1 Like

fucks sakes, Ronnie vs Thepchaiya Un-Nooh in round 1

will be a great watch (at terrifying pace) but why couldn’t it have happened in a later round

hopefully Higgins and Murphy lose early on

Two quickest players on the circuit (verified by AST clock) drawing each other in the first round. Pretty cool.

Keep an eye on Murphy. He’s been back at his very, very best this season and seems hungry to win (although he’s recently had a significant bereavement so might be out of sorts).

O’Sullivan and Anthony Hamilton both talking a lot of sense here, in my view Ronnie O'Sullivan: Snooker players treated like 'lab rats' - BBC Sport

1 Like