bah-bah-baah
bah
bah-bah
bah-bah
bah-bah-baah
bah bah bah bah bah bah

“No More Times!”

6 Likes

Reckon being unable to top the pyramid show did for them. Every time people heard about something new it would prompt speculation about touring - going back to the same show would have been a retread they weren’t keen on but by the same measure what do you do beyond it?

Idk. Two perfect albums (not to mention the live ones) and one of the best shows I’ve ever seen in my life anyway. Discovery in particular has soundtracked massive portions of my life and the fam can regularly be found bopping to it. Not a bad (tron) legacy.

1 Like

So now it has to be a ‘reformed’ Daft Punk as the top Glastonbury headliner rumour going forward?

5 Likes

You could whack any old prick under that helmet, all they have to do is press play and pause on a board. Easy money

4 Likes

Was thinking they should do the MF Doom impostor thing for one last milking of the cash cow

1 Like

2 Likes

Barry Hogan under the helmet

6 Likes

I’m still half thinking that the cash cow might well be milked with a farewell album to coincide with the split

3 Likes

you have to wait 5 mins for the banger

Vice writer also in on this theory

I’m a Daft Punk Truther. Who else is with me

3 Likes

Give it a few years and they’ll do a tour called:

ONE MORE TTTTTIIIIMMMMEEEEE

1 Like

They must have seen my comment saying they’re shit in the hot takes thread and decided enough was enough. Who can blame them.

16 Likes

shame. usually the sound of the summer.

2 Likes

Check out Daft Punk’s new single “Get Lucky” if you get the chance. Sound of the summer.

6 Likes

Now might be the time to sell that stupid Daft Punk boxset I bought

https://twitter.com/david_rudnick/status/1363865555338412036?s=21

Maybe it was the sound of the summers we made along the way?

23 Likes

Had the pleasure of meeting Sound of the summer at a charity do once. It was surprisingly down to earth, and VERY funny.

3 Likes

Daft Punk aren’t playing at my house, my house.
Because they’re splitting up

7 Likes