So I finished my record. Thought I'd put the little preview up on DiS and stuff

there youse go. i’m gonna get promotion of it going on 1st september with videos etc (and that’ll be spotify date too) but there’s no reason not to share it in advance here coz it’s a hobby thing rather than a bid for stardom.

the little label i’ve set up doesn’t have a header for the page or anything but yeah, here we go. If you like 90s punk bands, pop punk, a bit of emo (not really though), David Bazan or Ben Folds… there’s a bunch of stuff in here for you.

If not you might well hate it, so there’s that.

22 Likes

This is great, mate. Congratulations.

2 Likes

hey thank you buddy :)) never actually got my own shit down as a ‘real’ recording before, always just been demoes that never really came to anything, so this has been a good thing to say i finally did!

2 Likes

@ericVII here you go. a finished thingy.

1 Like

congrats dude. i know it’s not your first rodeo but finishing stuff and putting it out for the world to listen to and judge is no mean feat. it sounds super pro and you’ve clearly set out your stall for what you wanna do with it. godspeed!

2 Likes

thanks bruv. feels both a relief and absolutely fucking terrifying :smiley:

1 Like

as it should do!

1 Like

It’s great!

1 Like

thank you! i’m aware not all of dis would choose to listen to this genre but i figured there’d be a few besides those i already knew were into it :))

1 Like

I’m eating a massive bag of Doritos whilst listening to this on the bug speakers…the duet is on

Life doesn’t get better x

1 Like

I don’t listen to any music like that but you are a good lad so i listened to the first track and bobbed my head along and thought it sounded EXCELLENT for it’s genre and just as good as all that music that i never listen to as its not my thing

Sounds very very well put together! Well done! Hope it does everything you want it to do!!! :smiley:

2 Likes

fucking love the idea that people with proper sound systems are playing this :smiley: i don’t have a good rig at home at all so rely on decentish headphones

hah :smiley: thank you man i really appreciate it; yeah it’s fair to say the whole thing is an homage to a specific genre/style without much shame

sounds like it was made with a lot of love and fun! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Put me down for a vinyl copy if it goes that way

2 Likes

thank you my dude :slight_smile: i was mulling over whether kickstartering a vinyl/t-shirt would be a shout, coz i dunno if i can risk making them up front, but maybe people hate kickstarter these days

1 Like

I’m probably in the wouldn’t normally listen to this sort of stuff crew but fairplay pal it’s really good! Hat’s off to you and your gang. Look forward to the UK tour rolling into the Diff next year…

1 Like

if we ever tour it will be the absolute toiletest of circuits :smiley:

Great work @xylo!

1 Like

We can accommodate you in that respect.

2 Likes