2 Likes

Oh yeh I’ll preorder your vinyl for release 2037

premium backer pledge gets my tears in a jar

2 Likes

Rather have your used hot tub water but whatevs

1 Like

that’s free, and i’ve sent you a case

1 Like

It’s finished…I want more! How long was it…flew by…going in again…very good work dude

1 Like

tried emailing a place for a quote the other day

‘don’t bother us, try again in 8 months’
‘but i just want a qu-’
‘NO’
‘i haven’t even started recording ye-’
‘GO AWAY’

2 Likes

aw man. thank you! yeah i’m quite happy that there’s a 6 minuter as the second track but it’s the outlier.

i feel like a whole EP of 10 minute punk bangers could be what the world* needs

*no-one

1 Like

fine, cassette it is.

2 Likes

Strong songwriting and loads of hooks. Production sounds really good too. Good work, man.

2 Likes

mega appreciated man. can get a bit self-doubty when you listen to your own shit too much so i was a bit ‘i reckon it’s okay but’ etc etc. really appreciate you taking the time to listen :slight_smile:

1 Like

Lovely stuff

Some thoughts:

Great production on this, nice crunchy guitars, not too distorted so there’s still a lot of texture and space there but the big sound really fits the songs. Some really nice solo-y bits too but seems to be more about adding to the atmosphere than a virtuosic show-off so they fit really nicely without getting in the way of the songs.

I think L’appel is my favourite I really like the different dynamics and how it contrasts the idea of a kind of wistful nostalgia with the mad drunk singalongs. Great vocal at the end of the bridge there where you are really going for it!

if friends were beers
I’d have three in the fridge

Found that a really funny line for some reason.

Seems like a lot of work went into this and you should be proud!

3 Likes

Man that’s really lovely thank you

L’appel definitely the song I’m proudest of, pretty much in my whole life, so I’m glad you dig it :smiley:

2 Likes

Sounds amazing! I really like the drum sounds, always a big fan of the big punchy drums over here. I don’t remember if you said you’d programmed them or if they’re real (I’m an old poster with a new name, you talked about drum programming a while ago). If they’re programmed they sound really natural, and if they’re ‘real’ then the recording of them is mega. Really, really great work.

1 Like

Dude thank you :))

They’re real - programmed for the demos and just got to the point where I couldn’t get them thumping enough, so borrowed my pal’s drummer who’s an absolute demon and tracked him instead!

1 Like

Really good! 10/10

Did you record/mix it? If not, who/where? Sounds fab.

2 Likes

This is ace chief - congrats!

2 Likes

Enjoyed this alot! Thanks for sharing. Excellent work @xylo :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Lead guitarist has his own setup and is establishing himself as a producer - stars aligned while lockdown was the utter worst, so ended up working out well getting bedded in to that and just obsessing about it for a while