So I've just signed up to Bandcamp off the back of the Twilight Sad live album - any further recommendations please?

In your “collection” it shows up (on desktop) underneath the album* so just page down to find the highest/lowest, how quick it is depends on how big your collection is I guess!

*unless there’s an easier way I don’t know about

Highest:
Nivhek After it’s Own Death
1,826 other collections

Lowest:
Giuliano Sorgini Sounds From the Far Space
4 other collections

1 Like

Fair enough

Most: The Allergy Season/Discwoman fundraiser compilation Physically Sick (1984 other collections)

Least: Not U by Morgan Louis (2 other collections)

1 Like

I love bandcamp and would love to see more bands using it, but when I see the number of albums that appear in less than 10 collections, I understand why it’s not taken seriously as a distribution mechanism.

I like when the download code that comes with a record is for a bandcamp download. Nice having it there in your collection forever rather than a one off download that you might lose when your laptop breaks. Wonder why more labels don’t use it for this, maybe there’s a limit or something?

you get (iirc) 200 free for a release, which is shitloads if you put out tapes maybe 5 people will buy

Makes sense - until recently I’d only seen much smaller bands and labels use it so I had presumed it must be limited, but was surprised to have had a couple of more high profile ones recently - the latest Jeffrey Lewis on Moshi Moshi and last year’s Cate Le Bon/Bradford Cox EP on Mexican Summer both came with bandcamp codes

you can pay a little for extras! I don’t think bandcamp’s prices are extortionate. I guess major labels/anyone with a website and their own hosting can do it cheaper that way. fully agree that bandcamp’s a better shout though for having it your library. fuckin’ love bandcamp.

1 Like

Most: 3,701

Least: 2

1 Like

Most - 殞煞 Vengeful Spectre - 殞煞 VENGEFUL SPECTRE (577) - https://vengefulspectre.bandcamp.com/album/vengeful-spectre (won’t embed for some reason, maybe they’ve disabled it)

Least - My old band’s EPs - 0 other collections!

2 Likes

Most - Radiohead Minidiscs (31,700 collections) though no longer available.

Least - https://tensticks.bandcamp.com/album/time-smiling 8 collections

1 Like