So the new Ryan Adams album has leaked two months early

Hey Jimmy, are you still selling those tickets?

Yes. He’s in grand form at the moment. I saw him last summer headline a festival and it was the best Ryan Adams show with his band I have been to. I guess it’s the same band?? He does like to change things up.

1 Like

He’s parted ways with another guitarist in the last few weeks. Guitarist from La Sera will be touring with him instead, I’ve heard.

I hear the Prisoner box set b-sides are being emailed out in the next couple of days. 16 or 17 new tracks.

Really wish he’d just put those tracks on a 12" or have done a 2 or 3 LP deluxe version of the album. Couldn’t be arsed with wacky 7" box sets never mind the cost/hassle. Still, enjoying the album and looking forward to seeing him in Belfast mind.

Someone from the Ryan Adams Archive group is bound to have them up in Dropbox by the end of the week. But yeah, only including them with that stupid £130 playset was a ridiculous move.

Aye they’ll be all over the net. I am normally a gullible fool when it comes to getting everything by Ryan on vinyl but £130 for a few 7"s in a fancy boxset with ‘action figures’ was a bridge too far - starting to get into Jack White regions of pointless vinyl wankery with that.

…aaaand the b-sides are out there. Give it a couple of hours…

yep, still available and yours if you want them.

Seventeen new songs of varying quality are up on Spotify and a load of other places.

Will be interesting to listen to these and then critique the selection of the tracks that made it onto the actual record. Looks like it could have easily been another double album.

1 Like

I’ve had a couple of listens and my first impression is that he definitely skimmed off the cream for Prisoner.

Also: enough with the fucking reverb already!

Really like some of the b-sides. Reckon after a few more listens, I’ll be able to make a very nice playlist of the best off the album and the bsides.

1 Like

#indiemiffle

These are still available.

I can confirm he is in great form.

1 Like

seeing him tonight! really looking forward to it

and good on him for speaking about that fool Margaret Court

1 Like

looks like adams has taken to taking cheap shots at the strokes to stay relevant

https://twitter.com/TheRyanAdams/status/892105650913890305

He probably just thinks he’s a prick in reality and there’s no ulterior motive, probably shouldn’t have blurted it out on social media though.

Clearly annoyed at being portrayed as a bad influence on Albert Hammond Jr drug-wise in that new book.
By all accounts Big Jules was concerned RA was getting him strung out on heroin back in the day.
Hence the jerky comment about Casablancas’ weight (which is lame for a number of reasons, one of which being that Julian Casablancas is still a sexy mofo).

TL;DR Ryan Adams can write a tune but is evidently a bit of a douche CONFIRMED

1 Like

Almost certainly. Yeah I think we’ve known for years now that Ryan can be a prick sometimes but for all we know Casablancas etc are too and there may be some serious revisionism going on in that book. Twitter insults are a poor retort though.

2 Likes