So what goes on during the Platinum Jubilee?

I dont speak French. But looking this up, I would call flan a gelatinous mass.

And was Jerusalem builded here
Among these green & pleasant flans

1 Like

Thought i knew what a flan was but i think its a bit like when you dream about someone but never actually dream them a face and just choose to gloss over these huge holes in what you can’t conjure up like they had a face and it was fine. What is a flan?

I know what a flan case is but the flan has no face

2 Likes

Yeah born April 26th, what’s up with this?

she gets some sort of fancy made up queen’s birthday

1 Like

Two birthdays, god bless the queen.

Flans in England are not the same as what the internet thinks a flan is (créme caramel)

In England (and other parts of the UK) you buy these sponge bases, sometimes soak them in alcohol (sherry, cointreau or similar) and then fill the base with fruits (usually strawberries) and cream

A big one will serve 20+ people

3 Likes

Google search here has this picture of flan. I’d eat it.

I made one like this in high school and it seemed to be very shiny like it was set in a sort of jelly.

You never see flan on a menu yet you see flan cases in all supermarkets. Who is eating the flan?

3 Likes
  • :yum:
  • :thinking:
  • :nauseated_face:
0 voters

#NotFlan

(Creme caramel that innit?)

Self-catered weddings & christenings

My Auntie May used to make seemingly hundreds of different varieties of sweet & savoury flans every time any of the Manchester clan got married

St Bernadette’s on Bury New Road must have seen thousands of her flans

1 Like

Ahh flan de leche I see now.

thought you didn’t speak french? :thinking:

1 Like

This is the sort of flan I was exposed to in our cooking lessons in high school. Tinned fruit and gelatine.

2 Likes

i’d eat that

How long is the Queens speech? All we can hope to see are swords and bearskin hats.

for the queen

4 Likes

I really love tinned fruit.

Might get some mandarins tomorrow.

1 Like