So who else is going to do an FFVII playthrough in honour of the 20th anniversary?

And now Mt. Nibel. Why do I have 30 minutes between save points? I want this fixed in the next patch update. Fucking livid

Mate that’s the challenge :smiley: remember when computer games used to be difficult?

2 Likes

That’s why no one plays them anymore! :stuck_out_tongue:

Ive got caught out myself a couple of times and hadnt saved in ages and gone FFFFFUUUUUUU!!! but save game management was a massive part of some older games that has been completely obliterated by checkpoints and autosave. It’s a bit of a shame really.

1 Like

Cant remember how you start digging for the lunar harp. What do you have to do to prompt it?

Just go talk to the lad in Bone Village?

Talked to em all but there’s no option to dig so i’m guessing there’s something i havent done?

Ah shite. Did you go to the Temple Of The Ancients, down by Mideel?

Oh durr, that’s where i thought i was going! Jumped the gun there!

Never heard it cal-etc.

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/forestowI/status/925540397794889728

2 Likes

Fucking demon’s gate :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

1 Like

you can do it! The planet still needs saving

1 Like

DID IT :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

on my way to the forbidden city :sob:

i know everything is low resolution but i still find it incredible that this entire game is only 2.1GB

that’s the exact download size of the human soul

4 Likes

fuck it going to start my playthrough today!

4 Likes

YES BAM!

Can finally start mine on Saturday. Have a night off gigs, GF is working and I’m buying a new PS1 memory card that day.

2 Likes

Just remembered my mate nicked my FF7 about ten years ago :confused:

What I was going to say though, is were you genuinely meant to play one of these without a walkthrough because it just seems like an impossible task, far too many tiny details or awkward, secretive items that are actually very important for progression.

think the first time I played it I got to late disc 2 and was totally stuck, these days it’s all burnt into my memory though half the fun for me is going through with a guide and becoming super overpowered.