So you know when you are cleaning your teeth

How do you make it so the toothpaste doesn’t dribble out of your mouth and onto your clothes/into your beard?

2 Likes

Following to find out how to do this too, I always have to brush my teeth before getting dressed as find it impossible not to spill.

8 Likes

I’m sure somebody here will have mastered it

Hi Bam,

I keep my mouth closed and pull up my top. Tried and tested.

Regards,

al_rec

Sup.

I lean over the sink.

7 Likes

It’s not possible.

11 Likes

Fun fact: my ex wife used to just brush with her mouth closed, then swallow. Fucking rank.

She is my ex wife.

3 Likes

Hi Al!

This is the thing, you can’t keep your mouth closed fully or at least I can’t.

I try to like purse my lips and keep them tense but the wiggling of the brush causes the toothpaste foam to dribble out of my mouth anyway

in the mornings i do it in the shower and in the evenings i’m less fussed about mess

2 Likes

Yeah this is doable but it’s boring to lean for a whole 2 minutes so I usually give up

Sometimes, I brush my teeth in the shower (if showering in the morning - as i’m normally bath/shower in the evening) then that negates the mess.

3 Likes

i very rarely dribble toothpaste on myself, and i’m a calamity of a man in every sense. can’t be that hard.

2 Likes

I conducted a poll on this just the other day

Plz excuse my dorky face (and toothpaste stained jumper)

15 Likes

wow, great minds!

1 Like

Hmm…it’s a tricky one i grant you. Feel like I auto-pilot a bit so find it hard to describe.

Try tilting your head up but NOT TOO FAR. An 8-10 degree gradient should do it. 11 degrees and you’re in gagging territory so save it for Thursday, please.

1 Like

I brush my teeth in the shower

3 Likes

Agree. Also I’ve reached an age where when I readjust to upright it hurts a bit and I make a noise.

Good times.

1 Like

the standing up from a chair noises deserve their own thread I think so we should save that juicy talk I reckon.

1 Like

terrible when you’ve got a beard. the paste gets all matted up with the hair and its a nightmare getting it out.

1 Like

but if it goes in your moustache you can suck it later on for some flavour

2 Likes