So, you're a hard-working county off-spinner who played 11 tests for England, taking 37 wickets at 33.56

That don’t impress me, Such.

4 Likes

Do you remember the time when we (I think it was me and you) bumped all of the Friday threads on the old boards?

Good times

2 Likes

I absolutely do remember that time. it was brilliant, probably the best time I had on the old boards.

1 Like

i had a summer job at the BBC in 2005, and given that was the summer that England won the Ashes for the first time in a million years we were talking about cricket a fair bit. one day the girl next to me said that her stepdad used to play cricket, so we asked a bit more and turned out that he was Peter Such. so i obviously then said “oh yeah i remember him playing for England, he was rubbish” and she wasn’t overly impressed by that. so then i doubled down and tried to prove it by showing her his averages on Cricinfo.

didn’t talk much about cricket after that.

9 Likes

amazing

2 Likes

What Such was great at was acting as though nearly every delivery had taken a wicket, giving it an ‘oooh’ or a strangled ‘howzat’ and half raising his arms in an aborted appeal. A true master. God bless you Peter.

1 Like

Or so my granddad told me as I am nowhere near old enough to remember this guy. Cricketer was he?

That don’t impress me, Such

1 Like