soap

• Bar of soap (no dish)
  • Bar of soap (in dish)
  • Liquid soap

0 voters

This is a soap thread.

We moved to sensitive bars of soap and they’re so jch better than the liquid shite we’d had for ages. Nice old school getting a good lather on

1 Like

You must waste so much soap if you don’t put it in a dish!

2 Likes

Plus it’s harder for the soap to dry out. Please get a soap dish!

2 Likes

Just put it on the wire shelf thing.

1 Like

I used liquid soap until a year ago. Seems so stupid now given the cost and environmental impact.

1 Like

Well…

There are two sitting downstairs just recently bought! :v::blush::grin:

1 Like

Changed over to liquid soap fairly recently, which I know isn’t great from an environmental POV, but I was fed up with the sinks getting blocked due to the bar soap.

Still use liquid soap - get refills direct from a massive vat a a local shop, so plastic waste pretty minimal.

2 Likes

Wasn’t there a John Shuttleworth song about soap vs shower gel?

I LOVE soap me.

Had bouts of times where I try liquid stuff or shower gel, but just never has the same control. Literally rubbing that little thing against me, maximum impact, maximum control.

Soap.

We’ve got some liquid soap that immediately turns into foam as soon as you pump it, it’s the only thing that gets my daughter to properly wash her hands.

I prefer bar soap for my hands but I don’t think I could use it instead of shower gel

I should have added a “do you use soap” in the poll

Also

Soap in the shower, allowed?

God I fucked this

3 Likes

are sensitive soaps actually any good? I still have memories of using regular soap for more than a few days in a row and my hands being dry as fuck as a result

I bought like a 10l vat of orange swarfega

Might start using it in the shower

Otherwise it’s refillable liquid soaps in the sinks and some smelly lush bar soap in the shower at the moment. Do still use shower gel though but try to buy it in the biggest size possible

i need to get a soap dish so i can start using my soap bars
quite hard to find a soap dish in any shops these days, i’ve noticed

I also noticed this. Or rather, that it’s easy to find one but there’s not much choice and they’re all hideous or impossible to clean (eg hollow) or both

2 Likes

We have wrights tar soap bars shower and sink, helps me smell 40 years older