⚽ ⚽ International Break Football Thread ⚽ ⚽

Clearly Squires is a fan of the Male Online in Viz, judging by the fourth panel. As he should be.

1 Like

Don’t think it’s meant to be anyone specifically, the joke is politicians usually clamouring to piggyback someone else’s success no?

…oh…

hahahaha

1 Like

Yeah not as good written down is it

Ngl, will be pretty, pretty crushed if/when Ozil moves to Utd.

Feel like he’s the type of player that Bayern/Juve hoover up when available on a free

I’d much prefer that but idk. Bayern already have James & Thiago. He might go to Juve I guess but unlikely they’ll offer him the wages that you will.

Was also going to mention that suddenly players wage demands seem to drop massively when those teams are involved. But it’s probably partly because they report net wages, whereas in the UK we report gross wages (citation needed for this actually being the case in Italy or Germany)

7 Likes

Me too!

1 Like

m8, watch him suddenly going from being apparently a useless wallflower to one of the world’s very best playmakers this summer, without having played a single competitive game for you. As sure as night follows day

Subthread for the International Break -

You can change 2 things about your club(s). what are they? (sudden influx of russian/arab etc cash doesn’t count):

Chelsea -

Tougher stance against racism/anti-antisemitism. Not sure how that would work practically, but anyway

2nd thing would be a nice new stadium but we’ve got one in the works anyway, so my second wish will be spent on a 50 foot statue of drogba stamping on wenger’s head, to replace the Osgood statue.

1 Like

Bin off the neutral stand.

1 Like
  • Sign Dennis Praet
  • Fill in the corners of the DW. Looks shit.

really like that little block of flats in the corner

2 Likes

Arrest Robbie who runs Arsenal Fan TV

Replace our footballers who are boring to watch with footballers who are fun to watch.

I actually think the club themselves are doing a fair bit to combat racism / anti-semitism in recent years, the issue is with a large section of racist prick fans, and then the large number of fans who aren’t racist pricks being too defensive and tribal to want to do anything about it. So in light of a major fan base cull, my Chelsea ones would be:

(1) abolish the virtual waiting room for tickets. Bane of my fucking life.
(2) get some better pubs around the Bridge. Used to be loads but they’ve all shut due to resident complaints or the landlord deciding to turn it into a tiki bar or something to attract the Kings Road crowd.

But that’s a valuable part of Fulhams tradition and character!

me and my dad were ‘true blue’ members for years, but last season we couldn’t get a single ticket for a game. sacked it off this year. Do you manage to get them regularly?

You’ve seen this, I take it?