⚽ WEEKEND ⚽

Arsenal shit their pants at Stamford Bridge - standard. Berahino returns to the Hawthorns to haunt TP Tony. Dortmund v Leipzig’s probably the game of the weekend. Villa travel to Forest for mutual backslaps and talk of The Good Old Days. Two of the Big Three in Portugal face off as Porto host Sporting. United thwack Leicester, Monk’s Leeds make the short trip to to Huddersfield and it’s the Derby d’Italia.

LET THE BANTAH BEGIN…

Would be quite nice if Arsenal could get a result tomorrow as Chelsea running away with things is quite boring (and my Chelsea supporting mate is completely insufferable at the moment). Doubt it will happen though.

I’m quite cross with Arsenal anyway as they keep breaking Ramsey in the run up to internationals.

A must win game for Palace today. I’m going but I’m quite nervous. We’ve a massive chance to jump up to 15th.

I think we could win by three or four today, but at the same time I can see us losing 1-0 to a Defoe injury time goal.

I’ve brought Zaha into my fantasy league team, so that should ensure a Sunderland win or at least a soggy goalless draw.

Same sort of feeling of foreboding as when we lost 6-0 to the cunts a couple of years ago. We could probably limit the damage done if we tailored our tactics to the opposition and to our status as complete underdogs, but we won’t do that. Coquelin - Chamberlain midfield two, possibly even Giroud up front, 5-1 to Chelsea. Tbf I’m glad that the result is so obvious before kick-off, nothing worse than an unexpected thrashing. As it is, I kinda feel okay with it rn.

Wish there was a title race and games like this were exciting. February 4th ffs

1 Like

It won’t be a thrashing, just an inevitably routine home win, almost certainly featuring unforced defensive errors, and probably a monumental lack of discipline.

2-1 and a Cech red card.

The team I support will undoubtedly lose in shambolic fashion :frowning:

3 Likes

Away to Cardiff so probably both teams will lose, good victory for Wednesday but

Going to alty V Halifax today. Nice day for it, think a 2-1 victory for the shaymen

Season ticket renewals just come through.

£460 for Premier League football is a bargain. But… Sam Allardyce.

Liverpool aren’t on TV for the first time in a while, which is good as I won’t have to deal with the horrors of a pub on a Six Nations weekend.

Or Liverpool fans in a pub

2 Likes

Weird thoughts on Newcastle - Derby.

Newcastle win and we could go 11 points clear of 7th. Derby win and we could go 2 points from 2nd. The conservative/pessimist in me probably wants the former because tbh I just don’t think we’ve got the depth to keep up with Newcastle/Brighton anyway - would be bloody exciting to be in with a shout though.

Probably won’t beat Huddersfield tomorrow. Sounds like their best form of the season and even though we’ve been picking up points I’m not sure if we’re at our best.

Actually a good team for the first time since 2010 and I’ve developed antibants syndrome.

going for 2 all in today’s battle of the metropolitan elite.

Every neutral wants arsenal to win so they’ll definitely lose

1 Like

thats not what I’ve been hearing from my #neutral mates.

For the good of the league/title race yeah, but I can’t bring myself to ever support Arsenal. Hoping for a humdinger/sending off/og draw

1 Like

game cancelled due to the unpopularity of both teams. 6 points awarded to Manchester City.

5 Likes

“First [expletive] tackle lads yeah, first one, win it.”