Social norms you would like to break down

I think ‘rules’ are stupid, and frankly, I don’t give a damn about obeying them anymore!

I went on a long walk yesterday evening and couldn’t stop thinking about how a cheeseboard should be a starter instead of a dessert. When did we all just accept that a cheeseboard was a dessert? Next time I’m in a restaurant I’m going to order a cheeseboard as a starter.

What social norms would you like to break down in the year 2019?

12 Likes

I’m not going to be the person I’m expected to be anymore

(reckon a cheeseboard would be too filling and too moreish for a starter)

16 Likes

Underpants

1 Like

A cheeseboard isn’t a dessert or a starter. It’s something that should appear exclusively at a buffet. Anyone who thinks otherwise is the equivalent of a 4chan bacon bro or an “I like gin and tea and that is my personality” person.

3 Likes

I’d like to continue freeing the boards from the shackles of cheese on toast conservatism

1 Like

I think the cheeseboard as a dessert is good as if you don’t fancy something sweet you can continue gorging on savoury stuff.

I would have no problem with it also being available as a starter however. I reckon I could go for some warm up cheese every now and again.

1 Like

It’s really remarkable to be so wrong in just one post

1 Like

“Ooh I’m so passionate about cheese”

2 Likes

My parents tell me a (short) story about some they knew who was having dinner with them at one of those buffet dinner set ups, he went up got his dessert first. This caused outrage.

1 Like

Friend used to have a jelly bowl between each plate at a Chinese buffet. Claimed it was a palate cleanser.

16 Likes

I like that person

6 Likes

He’s a racist

7 Likes

Oh. Ok, I don’t like that person but I like the aspect of their personality that claims that a “palate cleanser” is required at a Chinese buffet and considers a jelly bowl to do that job.

5 Likes

He’s your friend, m9.

Assuming you can’t read ebooks on your phone.

3 Likes

(I don’t know if this is true. We’ve lost touch now ant. The unrelenting, uncaring March of time eh)

1 Like

At Hoogy Int’l HQ cheese is often served as a pre-dinner snack, to go with our aperitif.

FO,M

10 Likes

The fact that you’ve capitalised ‘March’ there makes me think of the Ides of March.

Unbelievable

1 Like

Not Solly March?

1 Like