Socially distanced live music

I think it depends on sq ft amongst other things. Having 200 in a 500-750 capacity venue could work fine.

1 Like

Just over a week until schools reopen!

Wow, this is fascinating.

2 Likes

Hypercharge Corona Cannon? That’s the last thing we need!

2 Likes

Yeah me too!

i think De Scalene are just triangulating here

2 Likes

(fires up galaxy brain)

Honestly, with any gig in a big field I don’t see any essential difference between this and pre-covid. Probably slightly better in that your view is unrestricted?
Easier on your back too

Little known early Fall B-side

6 Likes

What venue is that?

Have you heard anything about Rescue Rooms etc as have a couple of gigs booked for early next year but can’t see it happening. Most are sold out or close to as far as I know.

Emma Tricca and DC Solaris are playing St Pancras Old Church in November. Only 54 tickets, and only sold in pairs.

Ol Franky round my way next weekend;

Belgrave Music Hall in Leeds have got some seated, distanced events scheduled for October - The Orielles and Alexis Taylor the two I can remember, both doing matinee and evening shows. Both sold out almost immediately from what I could see, it’s not huge at full capacity so can’t imagine there was many tickets available for these.

2 Likes

Venues in London that have started doing or have announced restricted capacity live shows include:

Brixton Windmill
Signature Brew
Strongroom
Barbican
The Jazz Cafe

Erased Tapes showcase at Kings Place 7th Oct. Only 8 tickets left.

I bought the last 2, thanks

1 Like

I shall stop debating with myself about going then…

Booked to see Big Joanie next month. I was a bit anxious about it, but I know the members of the band are sensible people who will speak up if people aren’t following the rules and it’s a matinee so people (probably?) won’t be too drunk.

2 Likes

think that’s a clever idea tbh, should be more day time shows anyway imo

3 Likes

Definitely. Don’t drive so a gig that finishes early and is easy to get home from on public transport is very appealing. Presumably would have to be shorter than usual to save people’s voices but let’s face it even a 30 minute show would be pretty awesome right now.

5 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFFh5KQD3m_/?igshid=1cub0sd9pqags

This looks depressing :pensive:

2 Likes