Sofa Bed Thread

So I need to get a sofa bed for my new flat for guests.

Probably looking to spend a few hundred max.

Any recommendations?

I dream of one day owning a trundle bed and dazzling my guests with the surprise

2 Likes

I think my old flat had this, which was fairly comfy as a bed but not so much as a sofa. But is my current thinking.

We’re getting a self-inflating air mattress thing for this purpose instead (and possibly for sleeping on ourselves until the proper bed gets delivered). They’re much better these days than the vulcanised rubber nonsense that comes to mind when you think “air bed”, and only £50 or so.

2 Likes

Got one of these recently:

It seems fine for the price - we needed something ~150cm wide and this fit the bill. Seems comfy, though I’ve not slept on it yet. Not sure I would use it regularly as a sofa or a bed, though.

Yeah I’m in a similar boat. Don’t want to use ikea much but happy for this purpose.

Edit I see above.

1 Like

Hello. We have this sofa bed with storage. It is fine. I would advise against ever deciding to change which side the corner is on though as you will lose your head whilst doing it.

1 Like

Really? I mean there’s nothing wrong with Ikea but… really, nothing better out there at all, anywhere?

Sofa thread bed

We have this, fairly comfy sofa, very decent bed:

2 Likes

Would assume he means for reasonable price/easy to get hold of.

Something like https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sable-Inflatable-Double-Mattress-Electric/dp/B071FC2SJV/

Obvs if you actually want a sofa too then it’s no use.

• I own the IKEA Friheten corner sofa bed
  • I do not own the IKEA Friheten corner sofa bed

0 voters

Needs an option for not yet but plan to own it soon.

1 Like

Really wanted to get this but THE PRICE jfc:

with this cover:

My colleague has one, the other day she said, “When you really want to chill out, do you pull out the bed part and just properly slob out on the sofa,” and it had never occurred to me before, but I have done it twice since and I highly recommend it.

1 Like

V. Nice v.expensive. not for me.

If this fucking flat we’re going for ever actually ends up going through we’ll have a spare room.

Is having a spare room without a bed in it and making guests stay on the sofa bed in the front room weird and unusual?

• Yeah, it’s probably a bit weird and unusual but it would be very rude to care about it
  • No, it’s not weird but it is unusual
  • No, it’s not unusual but it is weird
  • Yeah it’s both weird and unusual and you are a maniac for considering it
  • Unknown
  • I think I have an opinion on this but it’s not finalised as yet
  • Not prepared to state either way

0 voters

We literally always have it in bed mode unless we have people coming round

1 Like

Where’s ‘never invite anyone to stay’?

3 Likes