Soft toy thread 🐻

…and someone has! For anything soft toy related you wish.

Here is Federica, she was a recent birthday present ‘from’ R because I kept borrowing his friends to cuddle:

Bonus feature, please share, if you would like, a stuffed toy from when you were really little. Here is Teddis next to a tiny me (he is still in my room):

Please no making fun of people in this thread, thanks.

11 Likes

If I’d known this thread was going to be created I would have taken a photo of my nephews hospital bed. He had five stuffed cuddly toy dogs. It was very cute.

3 Likes

Had a great penguin when I was growing up

1 Like

I love the penguins in the scarves! Also the sideways glance from what I am assuming is a humpty dumpty/generic egg-person :heart:

1 Like

WIN_20180213_21_54_29_Pro

Shannon the Possum. Was a Christmas gift and the only soft toy I have in Leeds

7 Likes

My childhood teddy was imaginatively named, wait for it - Lovely Teddy.

9 Likes

of course, they’re ALL lovely teddies

19 Likes

My workmate Joe’s got a phobia of sloths, I know it’s bad but I keep sending him really high res pictures of sloths

3 Likes

where is Teddy? i hope that he is still in my parents’ house. perhaps in the attic?? oh no where is he. if i find him i will give him a BIG hug

1 Like

:smiley: I had “Other One Teddy” because it was the “other teddy” (the main one being Rupert the Bear).

1 Like

When I was about 7 I pretended to really love a stuffed frog someone gave me because that’s what kids were meant to do with stuffed toys. Really tried to convince myself I had a deep affection for Freddy the Frog to feel normal but it was all a lie.

1 Like

I’m not with him right now as I put him in a box to move but I have had a small beany baby style pig (not beany baby but from M&S!) since I was about 6 or 7? I purchased him with a £5 M&S voucher I got given for my birthday from someone.
I chose the pig because pigs are my favourite animals. I named him Ham (this was pre toy story)

I used to ask my mum to “act him out” when I was younger and she’d do a little skit where Ham was trying to climb up the side of the bed and was getting out of puff.

All the beans that were in his arms have travelled down to his legs over the years and now his legs look like willies. I’ll take a picture tomorrow evening!

4 Likes

Ham is currently wearing a wine bottle t-shirt from ARUBA!
He used to have a full tuxedo which fitted him perfectly from the factory store for 50p! Couldn’t believe my luck when I found that. It even had a rose in the pocket!

1 Like

I am liking pretty much every post in this thread.

2 Likes

I have been thinking a lot about sturdiness of soft toys recently. My son’s bear (the oddly named Vanilla Cream) isn’t the sturdiest, only a year and a half in and already suffering some deterioration (due to rough handling, biting, and through having to be washed for various reasons), I am a bit concerned for the bear’s longer term health. Luckily in the last couple of months a deputy has emerged in the form of Pinga (no guesses for what he is) so I am hoping the pair of them sharing top toy duties will help them last longer :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

tiger’s the only one i have with me

actually a leopard

10 Likes

Totally adorable, and has the look of a properly loved old toy :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

yeah we go way back
probably needs a wash

3 Likes

my sister had a pumbaa and i was very jealous

1 Like

and he’s watching us all