Solo: A Star Wars Story

Bill Pullman in Spaceballs vibe from Neo-Han, especially the rug.

1 Like

yeah, heā€™s really not doing it for me

the voice is so integral to the delivery which is the meat of the character ā€¦this dude seems totally bogus

3 Likes

:smile: @ Hanā€™s meta last line there

I think it looks cool, however Iā€™ve realised Iā€™d have way preferred a Lando film with Han popping in an out as a side character after seeing that photo.

8 Likes

Because letā€™s be honest, Han is an absolute loser.

He certainly lost his life in the last film!!!

10 Likes

100% agree.

6 Likes

Doesnā€™t seem to have been a prerequisite in the past tbf.

I think we all wanted a Lando film, FFS :frowning:

1 Like

was just thinking the same thing after watching the trailer - a Lando film would be much more interesting, or something focussing on Jabbaā€™s universe?

I think Han is too integral to the ā€˜canonā€™ - and this has a big potential to totally fuck it up. thatā€™s why I think Rogue One worked so well

2 Likes

There will be a lando film

1 Like

Theyā€™ve been pretty tight-lipped so far.

I remember I and others saying a Lando film would be the best option back when they were announcing this and suggesting a Boba Fett movie too. Weā€™ll have to see how much Lando is used in this as maybe theyā€™ll have used up all of it :frowning:

All of what? We know he isnā€™t going to die. They can just make up a new story

Well I meant more maybe there wonā€™t really be scope for a Lando movie because part of what is drawing people to these films I think is the ā€˜newnessā€™? If heā€™s basically in the whole film all the way through I can imagine theyā€™ll backburner a Lando-only film (particularly if this is disappointing) in favour of that dogshit sounding Obi-Wan one.

Ignore me actually, got you wrong there

important question - will we see Han do the Kessel Run?? I kinda think heā€™s been bullshitting about that 12 parsecs claim all along!

Not sure anyone knows for sure but itā€™s presumed he will.

The original script implies to me that Han is just trying to spout rubbish to what he assumes is a old man who has no idea about spaceflight, though:

HAN
                     It's the ship that made the Kessel 
                     run in less than twelve parsecs!

Ben reacts to Solo's stupid attempt to impress them with 
           obvious misinformation.

But who knows, I guess. And because so many of us saw it as kids and didnā€™t know what a Parsec was itā€™s passed into a ā€˜thingā€™. Of course when it comes down to it, shorter distance means less fuel and a quicker journey (in theory) so there are ways in which one could assume it is distance based?

Iā€™m going to assume when I google it now Wookipedia will have a definitive answer.

1 Like

When I was rewatching A New Hope recently I found the Cantina scene quite funny. Obi-Wan tries to act like he knows what heā€™s doing to impress Luke, but heā€™s basically a strange old hermit trying to fit in down the pub. Han Solo completely rips him off. Heā€™s the Star Wars equivalent of a man-with-a-van

10 Likes

Isnā€™t one potential ā€œexplanationā€ that the Kessel Run involves crossing an asteroid belt or similar, so the challenge was to complete it via the shortest distance through the obstacles, rather than travelling the long way round the dangers.

2 Likes

I mean, I think the simplest explanation is that Lucas made an honest mistake and used parsec because he vaguely knew it was a fancy space word but didnā€™t really know what it technically meant.

9 Likes