Solo: A Star Wars Story

As I said before, this is set about 10 years before ANH so I doubt we’ll get the direct Jabba/dumping cargo plotline. I hear ya though - to me, it sounds like he’ll meet Chewie in this so it’ll be interesting to see if they stick to that ‘rescue’ storyline or go for something completely fresh.

1 Like

Just read something which made the good point that at this moment, Disney now might as well wait until the Super Bowl (first Sunday in February) to release the first trailer, get everyone hyped, and do a media blitz from there. It feels kind of like they’ve shot themselves in the foot by doing everything so close to TLJ, so they’re going to have to compress the whole process. If they delayed the release date, it would surely be seen a massive panic from the House of Mouse and a huge warning about the film.

I think a lot of people were surprised this is even coming out in May given that December has sort of been established as ‘new Star Wars’ month so they’ve given themselves a bit of a problem of how/when to advertise it. They couldn’t really advertise it around time of Last Jedi as casual viewers might get a bit confused about the timelines of when all these films take place.

That said, it doesn’t stop Marvel who release films about every five minutes so they must be advertising multiple films at the same time.

The trailer of Avengers 3 contains a Thor 3 spoiler. It probably also spoils Black Panther in the event that other non-titular characters are put in mortal who are shown in it but there you go.

1 Like

Yes, totally this really.

https://twitter.com/aliarikan/status/958697506044555269

2 Likes

First trailer on Monday apparently

Not during the Superbowl?

1 Like

they might tease the trailer during the Super Bowl, but I guess it’s cheaper to just air it on breakfast TV the next day!

I read this also! Amazing. Although you’re right…unless its ridiculous hyperbole from whoever said that it could turn into a right mess.

probably a full house. those vacuous nerd-bro types are going to get such massive boners from seeing all these things that they know

they should make young Chewie a big hunk like that gorilla everyone fancied

13 Likes

Which has sorta happened unintentionally, as both The Last Jedi and (I think) Episode 9 were given May release dates before being pushed back to December.

Originally episode 8 was due out middle of last year and episode 9 this Christmas I think. Not sure if the Anthology films were really a thing at that point. 18 months is really fast work to be considering though

1 Like

People take the piss out of ‘Reshoots’ but the entire Vader sequence at the end of Rogue… came from reshoots. So, like… not always a bad thing surely?

5 Likes

It’s terrible though. I mean as a sequence it’s fun but it bears no relation to any other scene involving Darth Vader in any of the original trilogy films and makes your final sequence a baffling “YAY! A BAD GUY!” moment.

2 Likes

???

It gives insight into why an entire galaxy absolutely shits themselves at the mention of his name

8 Likes

All big films have reshoots, it’s a bit weird how people still see them as a sure sign of alarm bells.

2 Likes

But the whole point is he doesn’t go nuts. He’s casual as fuck. His Menace is NOT showing his hand.

Fuck he pulls a blaster out of Han’s tight fist from 10 m away and he can’t get those plans?

He’s like a rabid dog then 10 mins later when he boards Leia’s ship he’s just captain cool ass bad guy again?

Even fighting Luke he barely moves. He just sort of lets the battle come to him.

1 Like

Agree that reshoots are common, but these are generally because of technical issues. Less common are reshoots because the original director has been given the boot and they want to change the nature of the film.

1 Like