Sunday 9 July – Goldfrapp
Monday 10 July – Warpaint
Tuesday 11 July – The Robert Glasper Experiment
Wednesday 12 July – Birdy
Thursday 13 July – Foster The People
Friday 14 July – Tom Misch (Live) + very special guests
Saturday 15 July – Mashrou’ Leila
Sunday 16 July – Songhoy Blues

Not an inspiring line-up for me. Saw Everything Everything last year on a beautiful summer evening and had an absolute blast.

Quite a few I’d go to there. Really not bad!

Robert Glasper would be especially magical.

I’ve been to quite a few of these. I saw Goldfrapp a few years ago there on a Saturday. I might go for that one again.

I’ve never been to one of these… what exactly are they? Mini daily festivals or just an outdoor gig in an impressive setting?

The latter

They’re outdoor gigs in the courtyard of Somerset House. The stage is always set up very well and the surroundings are beautiful. An average gig becomes a good one at that venue. It’s a bit pretentious to say the least but I’ve been there around ten times over the years and always had a good time. The support acts are usually strong too there. I saw The Shins support Belle and Sebastian years ago and Emmy The Great as support for Tindersticks. On a side note even the drainage in the courtyard is good. Even if it pisses down there aren’t any huge puddles on the courtyard. If there’s a gig you fancy it’s definitely worth going.

I’ve got a supposedly secret residents pre-order link for these if anyone wants it.

Goes live Thursday morning, although it doesn’t appear to be particularly well hidden so might be not so secret.

Not a thrilling lineup by any means but it’s a great space to catch a gig in the summer.