Son Day

You slept better than I did. 4am-8am :cry:

1 Like

Right, I’m fucked

3 Likes

Morning. Trying to motivate myself to do some prep work for my hearing next week but I massively cba because I know exactly what point it’s going to turn on and it’ll depend on the mood of the hearing board on the day. But, on the other hand, going in underprepared would be like trying to wing not having done your homework in front of the entire class, except there’s someone else in the room whose sole job is to make you look as much of a dick as possible.

Maybe I’ll do some reading.

Going to the Town and County fair to touch some Newfoundlands later.

Standard

1 Like

I’ve been awake for over 3 hours and my boyfriend is still asleep. I think this might be the first time I’ve ever got up before him on a non-working day. Feels weird

Just did my quarterly #bigsleep and managed 10 whole hours in bed. A very rare event which normally happens after a US trip so I guess is a response to jetlag. Feels like my morning has disappeared as a result but was no doubt needed.

howdy

This is turning into a cracker.

1 Like

are there any jokes inside

1 Like

This from giving blood (donation) or some test?

Watching Twin Peaks, then Cricket (only had 1 beer last night so gonna drink some more).

Apparently I had Bobby George as a phlebotomy nurse. Just a test.

I’ve actually had a much, much worse bruise than this from giving blood. Got back from doing it, said “my arm feels funny” about a thousand times as my gf at the time rolled her eyes at me, then woke up the next morning with a purple bruise from my elbow to my wrist.

Forgot about it over the next few days until I was walking down the corridor at work with my shirt sleeves rolled up and someone basically shouted “what the FUCK”

Me.

I gave blood on Fri and it was my first time in Scotland and afterwards the nurse how was my first one on Scotland and I said ‘felt exactly the same’ and she was like ‘Wrong answer, you said should have said it was less painful’.

Can’t get a photo cos it won’t focus property, no bruise, but not washed the plaster mark off.

2 Likes

What’s the Scottish equivalent of a club biscuit, Robinson’s squash and some prawn cocktail seabrooks?

My bruising experience was in Bristol. The nurse who started it was desperate to go off on her break, which is probably why she pierced the vein. She was handing me over to the next nurse and said “be nice to this one, this is the first time he’s given blood outside of Scotland”

He replied “He’s Scottish? And you got blood out of him?” Hahahahahaha my arm feels funny

2 Likes

Went back to sleep till about 10:30

Had eggs and stuff with coffee.

It’s lovely here in Brighton. Warm but a nice breeze and not as humid as it was yesterday

There was those cheese sandwich biscuits, tunnocks teacakes and kitkats.

(Pretty sure there’s was caramel wafers when i went to in January but couldn’t give it because I could have contracted a Japanese virus)

There was never Seabrooks at the one in my local town, so I used to give it after work in Bradford for the free crisps.

1 Like

TUC sandwiches ! :yum:

@Jeremys_Iron bloody hell that Scotland cricket top is naff eh.