Songs about Getting A Bit Old

“Baby’s gone but there’ll be more
I’m only twenty three
my hair is thin, my size is large, what
have I done to me”

Minor Threat- Salad Days

Meaning: I used to be the hardcore punk kid, but not anymore.

Death Cab for Cutie - Brothers on a Hotel Bed

A couple realizing that they’re old and have grown apart.

2 Likes

Neil Young - Ramada Inn

Old couple tries to cling on to what they had while dealing with alcoholism.

3 Likes

Adore this song

2 Likes

See also:

Me too, it’s amazing. That combination of it and What Sarah said are pretty much why Plans is my favorite of theirs.

2 Likes

“Birth, love and death; the only reasons to get dressed up.”

“I look up and see the pub’s once brilliant copper roof has oxidised over the years and it’s now a dull, pastel green. Everything’s getting older.”

Jesus, that’s heartbreaking. I feel I should listen to more Aidan Moffat, but not sure if my heart could take it.

<3 I genuinely think DCFC are underrated. And while Transatlanticism is my fav, they’ve made many of my fav songs ever, even in their later album.

2 Likes

he’s great and there’s a lot of humour in his lyrics usually! (though a lot of early Arab Strap is very miserable)

1 Like
1 Like
2 Likes

There’s plenty you could choose from the Hold Steady, but I’ve gone for this hidden track from Stay Positive…

1 Like
2 Likes

Those hidden tracks , that were all on one track at the end on my cd version , are pretty much the 3 best songs on the album or at a minimum deserve to be on the actual album.

1 Like

Yeah, totally agree. The amount of times they play ask them for adderall live they may think so too.

in honour of today’s HGATR

4 Likes
1 Like