Songs that do the chorus too many times

Mansun - Negative (4 times, double chorus each time, so the same thing 8 times)

NOW YOU GO

Constaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnttttttttttttttttttttttt craviiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggggggggggg…

2 Likes

the las - there she goes
lady gaga - it wasn’t love, it wasn’t love, it was a perfect illusion, it wasn’t love, it wasn’t love, it was a perfect illusion, it wasn’t love, it wasn’t love, it was a perfect illusion, it wasn’t love, it wasn’t love, it was a perfect illusion

1 Like

Sacrilege, but The Mercy Seat by Nick Cave. I know the grinding repetition is sort of the whole point, and I know I’m usually the one to run to the defence of things that others claim are overly long, but sometimes that song feels like it goes on for a little too long.

2 Likes

It was going to be my next suggestion! So many choruses.

Oh God The Las :fearful:

1 Like

Roll With It by Oasis. I mean Noel basically just wrote a bridge and a chorus and went back and forth like the world’s worst skipping record.

1 Like

Hey Fucking Jude.

9 Likes

Norman 3 by Teenage Fanclub (if you can call the “Yeah, I’m in love with you…” bit the chorus).

That’s the thing Raan, some of the songs nominated so far don’t necessarily repeat the chorus.

Hey Fucking Jude, for instance, doesn’t have a repeated chorus so much as an extended coda. And The La’s falls into a similar trap to Roll With It - is it really a chorus when it essentially works as the verse and the bridge too?

there’s always one isn’t there…

2 Likes
1 Like

Kiss - Rock & Roll All Nite (12 repetitions)

One for every hour of the night?

3 Likes

Couldn’t tell you, too busy rockin-and-a-rollin

2 Likes

Well, if Hey Fucking Jude has a chorus (which it doesn’t, really), it’s surely Naaaaaaaa naaa naaa nanana naaaaa…

Suppose it’s sort of the point though.

Ketchup song

Anything by scouting for girls