Songs that just kinda... go on. But in a good way. Just vibing along...

Listening to Songs in the Key of Life, and Love’s in need of love today is an excellent example. Basically just a 3 minute song, but it just keeps going, and that’s great.

Zoom! by Super Furry Animals is another good example, now that I think about it. Starting a song with someone diving into a swimming pool, and that’s the vibe I’m going for, basically.

5 Likes

Two very different tracks that immediately came to mind, will be following this thread closely!

4 Likes
4 Likes
2 Likes

Big yes to that Pachanga Boys track. I’ve said this before but it took me ages to realise it uses a Sufjan sample

Since all the Spacemen 3 stuff finally appeared on spotify I’ve been listening to Recurring a lot and it occurred to me that Big City is the ‘shortest’ 10 minute song I’ve heard, if you see what I mean

3 Likes

I am the only living human who thinks that Exodus by Bob Marley isn’t long enough.

I am also the only living human with correct feelings about Exodus by Bob Marley

4 Likes

Yo La Tengo do this kind of thing well. This whole album feels like it’s stretching out in a pretty mellow way. Didn’t go for …Hoboken as I guess that’s more consciously a ‘long song’.

4 Likes
4 Likes

I swear that Time has been in every single music thread I’ve made in the past year, and that is absolutely not a problem. Find it mad that it’s (A) made by Superpitcher. and (B) came out 8 years ago, and I didn’t know it until this year.

2 Likes
3 Likes

Most Isis songs

1 Like

The full length of Reformation! is probably my favourite Fall track…

2 Likes
1 Like
8 Likes

Love this song so much (RIP Ought?)

I know I’m gutted about this seemingly indefinite hiatus. Hopefully Tim Darcy goes on to do more stuff at least, I liked his solo album a lot

7 Likes
2 Likes

Wow, I never realised that! That’s crazy.