Songs they always play

Super Furry Animals - The Man Don’t Give A Fuck.

Always play it, always last song, always for a solid 10 minutes or so.

Wouldn’t have it any other way tbh tbf…

4 Likes

Actually, do the Stones always play Satisfaction? I bet they do.

I would guess that Nine inch Nails have probably played Head Like A Hole at every gig they’ve ever done.

I guess this is just usually a band’s biggest hit/most well-known song? Apart from Radiohead/Creep, are there many bands who specifically don’t?

Only one I can come up with off the top of my head is Animal Collective, who ditched My Girls on the latest tour.

Ash - Girl from Mars and Burn Baby Burn

The Cribs always do Men’s Needs (fair enough) and I’m A Realist (ladrock rubbish)

national (i think) always do mr november so that matt can jump into the crowd

They stopped playing it for half of 1995 apparently Nine Inch Nails Tour Statistics: 1995 | setlist.fm

(I also love setlist.fm)

Do Mew always close with Comforting Sounds? They have the twice I’ve seen them.

Should have just looked at setlist.fm really eh? The answer (from the few I randomly selected) appears to be yes.

Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - The Mercy Seat (Red Right Hand, Stagger Lee are pretty certainly nailed on too)

Wilco - Impossible Germany

amazing

6 Likes

Nirvana stopped playing Smells Like Teen Spirit, that’s probably the most famous example.

Also, there are bands who have a big back catalogue but nothing you could pin down as a biggest hit, Morrissey springs to mind for this

Motorhead probably always played Ace of Spades

(but I’m sure someone will look up Setlist.fm and find that one time in Belgium in 1986 when they didn’t play it cause the gig was cut short due to a fire in the second cubicle from the left in the downstairs toilets)

when I saw them (a few years back now) they seemed to deliberately avoid playing anything anyone knew at all. It was pretty shit TBH

11 Likes

all sound exactly the same so no one would notice anyway.

They have every time I’ve seen them

Love this sketch :smiley:

Sigur Rós always end the night with popplagið, don’t they?