Songs with near-universal/crossover appeal

4 Likes

You’ve been making some great Music Board threads lately @tinhead , good work!

4 Likes
2 Likes
9 Likes

I’m going to hold us to a high standard here. Realistically, it has to be something quite old doesn’t it? It’s got to pass the “mum test” and, arguably, the “grandmother test”, I reckon. If so, that might rule out entire genres and most modern-ish stuff. (This is not a specific indictment of the hamster song)

1 Like

Simon and Garfunkel are the one and only point of overlap between me and my dad so i reckon something like this is in with a shout:

5 Likes

My mum hates ABBA and Wichita Lineman so I won’t be trusting her judgment.

very kind - I couldn’t just keep freeloading (i.e. passing off DiS’s captain tom memes/political analysis as my own to my mates)

4 Likes

ah but that’s precisely why we have the mum test in the first place - we must find the thing at the tiny centre of this venn diagram

1 Like

There are many things a love about this video, but I think my absolute favourite is that they appear to be styling themselves as a band called ‘The Genius Sex Poets’

Not this.

Not ever this.

4 Likes

Dear Theo,

Please record 2.02pm on Friday, 21st October 2022 as an occasion upon which I agree wholeheartedly with you. I look forward to the next occurrence, whenever that may be.

Many thanks,
Funkhouser, Ba (Hons)

1 Like

woah

4 Likes

Shhhhhh!

1 Like

No Scrubs

Loathe it.

1 Like