"Sorry we missed you!"

• 1 Your parcel is with that elderly neighbour that you’ve ignored since you moved in
  • 2 Your parcel is at the sorting office, miles away from your house
  • 3 Your parcel is in your recycling bin, has been rained on, and might even have been nicked
  • NA Your parcel is safe and sound in your big Tory porch

0 voters

3 every time, right? And who possesses one of these mythical ‘Safeplaces’? How does one even acquire one?

get most stuff sent to the office now isn’t it

3 Likes

1, 3 or 4 for me

1. Your parcel is in the foyer of the main section of flats which you don’t have a key for and none of the doorbells work for despite the fact you were in to receive the parcel if the delivery person had actually gone to the right fucking door like the polite note on the main entrance instructed them to do so…
2 Likes

I’ve seen parcels a few doors down from me under the mat, not very discreet

Fucking love couriers fair play, they’ll just make up basically any old shit.

1 Like

^this

Ain’t nobody got time to read. Do a sign that says PARCELS →

Same.

Had a delivery from some company last week. I had a notification saying it had been signed for, but actually they’d just left it outside our front door. Wouldn’t have cared but it was a new phone! The fucking cheek of it. Still need to complain.

I cba to complain unless something’s actually happened to the goods

2 Likes

the only time we communicate with our neighbours

Well, all worked OK didn’t it? And you didn’t have to go to a depot in Mitcham on a Saturday to get it.

I live in a tower very similar to that and my council basically just sent a thank you note, so swings and roundabouts.

used to be 1 but it’s gone back to 2 now for some reason.

not sure which i prefer. it’s obviously easier to nip next door for something than to wait til the next day and go into town. but it’s far more awkward.

The really annoying thing is that there’s a sorting office 1.7km from me and on my route to work.

But due to postal code bollocks, the sorting office that I have to go to is 2.4km away, and down the end of a long road into an industrial park - I have to use the same long road to get back to the main road again, lengthening the distance I have to travel.

FFS.

I now have parcels delivered to my workplace.

2 Likes

oooh, that reminds me. I was given a card the other day from a delivery form an amazon market place CD place where they’d not paid postage. must get my £2 back.

usually get stuff either left on my doorstep or behind the garden gate so it’s less obvious they’ve just left it outside, but not aware of anything haven’t gone missing.

worst instance was when i ordered some books off amazon, were due to be delivered and it said that it had been rejected when they tried to deliver, which as no-one was home was odd. as the depot where it had apparently been returned to was on the way home i went down and asked what was going on, they said it had been rejected and that I’d signed to confirm the rejection. i asked to see the signature and it was just my name printed. pointed out that it wasn’t my signature but they did not give a single fuck. and of course they had been incredibly efficient and had already sent my parcel back to amazon, meaning i couldn’t just pick it up either. whinged to amazon, they resent the order out next day delivery free of charge to my work, great bunch of website lads.

Our parcel is with the nosy neighbour opposite who fancies himself as the warden of the entire street. Dunno why he takes it upon himself to take all our packages but there you go. I can drive to the Depot in 2 minutes so I’d rather he didn’t bother.

Shouldn’t slag the old boy off too much actually - he’s decent at heart and he’s pretty handy for knowing what’s going on but seeing him sat either at his window or stood in his doorway all day just looking out on the street is a bit bleak.

2 Likes

You don’t find it a bit Tory that the people in your postroom have to do a bit of additional unpaid labour to sort your own personal post and parcels and that?

2 Likes