Soul Glo

I don’t think even the first pressings have been made yet. I pre-ordered from deathwish EU just after release date, and even then they weren’t due to ship til end of 2022/early 2023. I don’t know if the US had some earlier pressings though

1 Like

Yeah, i was just wondering if they had managed to sneak an early press out like Thou/Mizmor did at Roadburn as I’m fed up of waiting!

1 Like

well researched by the author…

in the wake of their stellar debut Diaspora Problems

:thinking:

3 Likes

Maybe the sub editor took out “Epitaph”… (although they didn’t bother changing the inconsistency re: number of band members…)

1 Like

And hopefully we won’t be postponing punk gigs to accommodate a lengthy national outpouring of grief.

2 Likes

Soul Glo were soooooo good in Brighton tonight

4 Likes

Yeah that was really something wasn’t it. Absolutely furious.

2 Likes

I’m not gonna make this in Leeds or Manchester so please stop saying it was good

sorry @TKC

fuck me they were amazing. Full on sweaty joy. Coming on to the Public Service announcement about the queen dying into some filthy hip hop was an exhilarating start. Best show i’ve seen in ages. Everything i had hoped they would be live to be honest and seemed like thoroughly lovely people when chatting.

3 Likes

haha ah shit! I think it’s a definitie no for me, I definitely can’t make Manchester on Thursday and I was toying with going to Leeds, but I’m staying at my girlfriends place so I’d have to rush right after work and also take my work laptop and a bag with clothes for a week to the venue which is unmanageable. A shame but hopefully they’ll be back over, can’t see them not doing some festivals like Outbreak.

What have attendances been like, busy? They seem to have an odd niche where they’re loved but word doesn’t seem to have got out there - the only people I know who are into this music hadn’t heard of them until I’d sent them something

1 Like

It’s a proper little pub gig room where i saw them so hard to say really (flapper in Brum)

It felt packed, but the guy on the door said 40 tickets were left in what i think is a 200 or less cap venue. A fair few seemed to be proper hardcore kids also. I agree though, it is weird how they don’t properly fit in. You’d think they would be adored in the hardcore world but it doesn’t appear so. I agree word doesn’t seem to have filtered through to many other audiences either. The people i went with are not particularly hardcore types, hadn’t heard of them but absolutely loved it. I hope they get their dues, so deserving.

He said the tour had been amazing and they were shocked at how many folks had been out so hopefully that does mean they’ll be back next year.

Basically, as unmanageable as your situation sounds…MANAGE IT and GO :wink: :smiley:

1 Like

Bristol this week hasn’t sold out, but think the venue might be a bit larger than some of the others - it’s 300+

1 Like

Brighton sold out, but capacity was ~100

Hmmm…could always risk the last train back!

1 Like

160 people seems to be a decent attendance for a hardcore band playing their first UK your on their debut album?

1 Like

4th album

2 Likes

yeah, its reasonable for sure. They’ve been around for ages though (as @Bandy mentions - although i thought it was 2nd proper LP!? The others are ep and comps etc…) and had a lot of critical love at a certain level. I thought this last LP had been picked up by a lot more general press and spunked on. Basically, I thought they may have done a turnstile by now!

I think Turnstile were already really popular in the hardcore community (at least with some of my friends) and then released an album with crossover appeal.

Im hoping Soul Glo might pick up some new fans once all the end of year lists come out

1 Like

yeah fair, and they’re style of hardcore has always lent itself to a mainstream crossover whereas Soul Glo not so much.

1 Like