Sounds you have a reflexive bad reaction to

The Slack notification sound: A hiss, followed by what sounds like a pen hitting a plastic cup three times.
The Mae Shi - Young Marks: It was my ringtone for a long time.

4 Likes

James Acaster’s voice, or anyone doing an impression. Gets my heckles up like a cat.

Someone writing with chalk reminds me of maths lessons and makes me want to pull my teeth out.

3 Likes

Scouse accent

That note that makes you poo your pants

2 Likes

Note technique?

no, there’s a sound that when you hear it you shit yourself

1 Like

2 Likes

Posh accents

1 Like

People eating with their mouth open.
People talking while eating.
People breathing through their mouth on a zoom/Teams call.

This isn’t quite ‘sounds you hate’ but they all make my skin crawl

1 Like

“maybe we could meet up and I could give you some of the Imodium I have hoarded”

stuff scraping against each other in the freezer

2 Likes

Can’t stand most dog related noises either. Barks are horrible and scary, whining/howling are completely insufferable, and the pitapat noise their paws make on hard floors sounds like a cockroach scuttling to me - but the most heinous one is the sound of them chomping on a bone :mask: wince central

1 Like

People saying plaaaarrrster instead of plaster

4 Likes

Yalllllllriiiiightmaaaaate

Late night from a stranger in Manchester

2 Likes

WE CAN’T HELP IT

4 Likes

Milton Jones

the word “moist”

1 Like

martin keown breathing into the mic. never noticed it until someone here pointed it out and now it’s all i can hear. not like listening to keown was a pleasant experience before either

2 Likes

There is a certain type of jangling sound I associate with the tags on the collar of an old neighbour kid’s dog that they used to set on my because they knew I was terrified of it. If I hear something like that sound it totally puts the fear into me.

Windchimes do something weird to me as well actually. Instantly get irrationally angry. Think it’s the lack of, like, timing. It’s just erratic chiming with no pace to it. Not constant either, you don’t know when it’s coming.