Soup

I made a really nice spicy root soup for lunches last week and I have one portion left. It’s a week old now though :grimacing:

Soul staples in our gaff…

Spiced roasted butternut squash
Leek and spud
Carrot and coriander
Veg and red lentil
French onion when we’re feeling posh

3 Likes

Flippin gorgeous.

Soup is good for weekday lunches or a starter (with buttered bread) but I feel a bit sad for people when they say they are having soup for dinner. Especially on a Sunday.

1 Like

Home made french onion soup is one of the very best things.

2 Likes

Croutons

• Great
  • Overrated

0 voters

I was raised on soup and I’m still not bored of it. Great food type

The secret ingredient is lots of nice herbs and spices and vegetables

5 Likes

Sometimes just tear a piece of bread into bits and pop them on top. Refer to them as ‘ducks’.

2 Likes

Very on brand post from the chief dinner inspector here

3 Likes

Mmmm soggy bread :upside_down_face:

I tried and SUCCEEDED to buy some Oxtail soup on Saturday!

This was after an UNSUCCESSFUL attempt on Wednesday of last week in which I got the tin, brought it to the counter (along with other items) PAID for it and then just left it there.

Made a slow cooker red lentil soup last week, now got 7 portions of the fucker to get through.

Gonna try and make some new soups this year, big leek and potato fan so might try that.

1 Like

“Ooh I made a soup this weekend with loads of different vegetables and chicken and spices and herbs, it took all weekend, how delicious!”

That’s nice, I opened a tub for mine and it tasted exactly the same.

Soup wankers.

2 Likes

Ever used soup as gravy me old mucker?

you do the thing where you put a slice of cheese on toast in the french onion

The best croutons are Mini Cheddars or, in cases of “Cream of Tomato Soup” - Salt & Vinegar Hula Hoops

1 Like

Starting to think some people on here are bad at soup

11 Likes

Yep

2 Likes

No offence

3 Likes

not always, but sometimes if feeling particularly decadent. If not, have it with sliced baguette and grated cheese over the top anyway…

1 Like